SRAM Etap on Aeroad frame

lee_d_m
lee_d_m Posts: 51
edited September 2016 in Workshop
Hi

I'm looking for some help on building an Aeroad frame set with SRAM Etap

Firstly , it seems that the frame set comes with Duraace direct mount brake calipers which I have no issue keeping and after some quick calculations it looks cheaper to get the Etap wireless kit for about 1k and then get the SRAM gxp red chainset separately, which is about 600 quid for front chainset plus rear cassette and chain, and BB or am I missing something ?

Secondly, any suggestions for wheels, I like the Duraace 9000 C50 but happy to listen to suggestions of something in a similar price range.

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Chainset choice is not critical, so you're basically asking what wheels you should get? There's no real answer to that question - and everyone's answers will be different anyway.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I don't think the DA calipers will work as well with your Etap levers ? Different pull amounts I think.

They'll still work but with more power ?
  • Ok thanks for the feedback, in regards to the calipers, would it be better to swap them for the Etap brake calipers then and are there any issues installing them on the Aeroad frame ?

Thanks

Lee
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    SRAM do not have any direct mounts brakes out yet. Thier normal single bolt calipers are unlikely to fit.

I would just try the DA brakes and see how they feel.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    I have the DA dirt mount brakes on the Sram Etap set up - no problems at all.
  • I'm pretty sure team katusha and one of the gcn guys use etap with direct mount dura ace brakes without any issues. you could go trp callipers but i think the stopping power of dura ace would be better.
  • The Dura-ace direct pull calipers (I have the front model front and rear) work brilliantly with etap levers and look super cool - no issues at all - I have this combo on my Cipo :-)