tuesday, we're a garage band, we come from garageland

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,555
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

a long and climby ride today i think, along the way i hope for a sighting of the fabled tabby of timanfaya, el gato volcán, if you put your ear to the ground you can hear the purring; el gato hunts down, taunts and slays disrespectful triathlopes who dare sully the landscape with gel wrappers

after that sunbed
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Trundle to work on N2 bike as still tired from weekend shenanigans - chilled out day ahead then a bit of weights this evening methinks.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Rather warm and moist out this morning, not raining but really humid. Had to drive in unfortunately as I have a customer coming to visit so I'll have to take him out for a bit of lunch. Mrs rode her new bike in today and seems happy with it, phew.
    if only there was actually a beast of some sort that slayed people that litter, not just gel wrappers either.
  • Gym session, the first in a month this morning followed by cardboard for breakfast.

If the planned fettle happens this evening I should get a pre work ride tomorrow but It'll be tight as the boy has football training tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Ate my lunch at 9am, stupid idea this gym at 6am lark.

Onwards to coffee and chocolate
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    That was a good tabby Gato Jackanory to start the day off.

Me prevaricating me. Seems like the threat of rain and I should get my aris in gear and pedal off the toast and marmalade.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Lovely day for it. Long walk along the coast, fish and chips for lunch at the beach, and a lazy afternoon fiddling with stuff.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    nice 90k, steepy bits, swoopy bits, speedy bits

coming down from timanfaya at 80, mirage shimmered and i felt the presence of the tabby, camouflaged amidst the lava, amber eyes smouldered as it contemplated the vista

had a donut at the cafe
  • pinno
    Good intro:
    sungod wrote:
    nice 90k, steepy bits, swoopy bits, speedy bits

Ethereal, top notch:
    sungod wrote:
    coming down from timanfaya at 80, mirage shimmered and i felt the presence of the tabby, camouflaged amidst the lava, amber eyes smouldered as it contemplated the vista

...and then you wreck it?!:
    sungod wrote:
    had a donut at the cafe

I did a similar distance although not in such Steinbeck style, more like William McGonagall. Although I did chase a couple of tractors successfully. At one point, I stopped and asked an elderly gent to politely re-fill my water bottle. Whaddya know - he was from the same area of the Midlands as my mother and not only that, was an army medic who was flown into Kenya from north Korea in '54 via Aden during the Mau Mau uprising. He also raced for Smethwick Wheelers!
  • sungod
    i was juxtaposing themes to highlight the human condition

you can see the parallel in going from dprk to the mau mau uprising, but ending with smethwick
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    you can see the parallel in going from dprk to the mau mau uprising, but ending with smethwick

You can, if you deploy some highly imaginitive poetic license.

The human condition is never so beautifully blurred and misunderstood as it is in Birmingham.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Barmy day, balmy evening. Pretty much the whole day in meetings or on calls. The pedalling to and from was noteable only becuase I hit every red there was on the way in the had a near unbroken greenfest on the way home.

The negotiations on pay continue.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]