What the actual flinking blip of a Sunday?

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 8,019
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
4.30 alarm call to ride a sodding pedal bike? This is getting silly...

So as not to break tradition, pedalling, eating, (hopefully) sleeping, eating, sleeping.

Onwards to tea and toast.

Ciao.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• Your lucky hd, I've a 13 hour shift waiting for me, at least it's double time though, have a good day
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    4:30 .... Nice, that's dedication ... You in training, driving half the country to go for a ride, or just the quiet ?

My morning started with a 5:30 Zwift session .... Not quite as romantic notion as going out on the road at 4:30, but safer
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    yawn, having a lazy start after yesterday

0430? that's crazy talk
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,495
    If the reason for these early starts to get back in times to do household jobs, better to go later and delegate...win-win situation. 8.15 was early enough for me, especially as I'd woken up earlier for no apparent reason.

Mainly getting insurance sorted as house, car and dog policies are all up for renewal this month. So shopping around online is the order of the day. Apart from that, CBA.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    4:30? That's a time to go to bed on a Sunday, not get up. Managed to get up shortly after 9 and make tea, took the aforementioned tea back to bed and had a lie in with the Mrs. We later decided a second cup of tea was a good idea, well it is a day of rest. Boy has just gone to rugby training, I'm going to sort a few bits out then late lunch at my folks' gaff.
  • Spring. A perfect day to take the convertible out for a jaunt along the coast. Coffee, lunch, photo opportunities, and all I had to do was go along for the ride. One of the better days in recent times at last.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    Pie n mash later.

Head mashed by toots.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Wandered in to the Kingston to get some stuff, as Fluffer said the Spesh store is now a Sigma clearance shop. Unfortunately nothing I wanted at the right price, some heavily discounted road bikes though.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Not enough sleep after yesterday's 770 mile drive (13hrs thanks to shoot rain in England)

Wine fridge and rack filled up and School shoes bought and some more tiles chosen, now watching the gp as the wife does the shopping

Later is a pub visit to show off the tan
  • pinno
    Vuelta was good today.
  • Phew, Macmillan Manchester 102 miles in the bag.

Bike is clean, red wine is open!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    ...Macmillan Manchester...

Well done HD.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Vuelta was good today.
    What happened?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Vuelta was good today.
    What happened?

I'm not responding to that question; loaded with cynicism.

Who rattled your cage?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Vuelta was good today.
    What happened?

Who rattled your cage?
    I was only asking, no need to be so defensive :P

You never know, something really interesting could have happened like somebody overtook somebody else, or someone fell off and got a cut knee.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Vuelta was good today.
    What happened?

Who rattled your cage?

You never know, something really interesting could have happened like somebody overtook somebody else, or someone fell off and got a cut knee.

What did I say ? :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    internet-fishing.jpg

:wink:
  • pinno
    You'll have to use better bait.
  • veronese68
    The Moto GP at Silverstone really was genuinely exciting, close racing, a Brit on pole and a surprise winner. No mention of it on the news. Just as well really as it meant I could record it and watch it later not knowing the result.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The Moto GP at Silverstone really was genuinely exciting, close racing, a Brit on pole and a surprise winner. No mention of it on the news. Just as well really as it meant I could record it and watch it later not knowing the result.
    Did anyone fall off and cut their knee?
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Probably didn't cut their knee, but there was a fairly major crash at the second turn with bikes crossing the track having long since spat the riders off. Red flag and a restart as both riders were stretchered off. Lots of barging at speeds approaching 200mph in the race.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Probably didn't cut their knee, but there was a fairly major crash at the second turn with bikes crossing the track having long since spat the riders off. Red flag and a restart as both riders were stretchered off. Lots of barging at speeds approaching 20mph in the race.
    All I had to do was remove one digit and it could have been the Vuelta :)
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    All I had to do was remove one digit and it could have been the Vuelta :)
    I thought I'd used the word exciting, then realised it was in the previous post.