I just refurbished a bike and would like a little information about it.

runbluelizard
runbluelizard Posts: 4
edited October 2016 in Your road bikes
So a few days ago I found a Specialized Allez in the garbage near my apartment. Well I decided to save the bike cause I've never had a road bike before. So I put new tires, intertubes, handlebar tape, fixed the chain and brakes, and drilled out all the stripped boldts and replaced them. The problem is that I don't really know anything about the bike. I assume it's a mid to late 90s but I'm not for certain. I'd like to know what I have that way when people ask me questions about it I don't have to lie or tell them that I don't have the slightest clue. The pictures are linked below

http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/Reed_ ... t=3&page=1

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Well, as you say, it's an Allez from the 90s. Not sure what's going on with that seatpost, but it doesn't look right.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Cool!

Seat post flipped round was a standard thing to do with Tri/TT set ups on standard road bikes back then. Nice find!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • grant2307
    grant2307 Posts: 135
    Thats wicked. Would love to find a bike like that!
  • Specialized Allez Epic 1993 aluminium lugs painted to avoid the corrosion that occurred on the earlier 1988 models, if this was in retrobike you would have had loads of replies. Nice and light, lots of info on the net but not that many photos of that model, as I found out when I was researching my eBay buy. Great find,
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Awesome !! And someone put this in the rubbish ?????? Mad !! :D
  • Nice! Who'd want to bin that?
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Cool!

Seat post flipped round was a standard thing to do with Tri/TT set ups on standard road bikes back then. Nice find!
    I'm pretty certain that the seatpost is an early Profile "Fast Forward" which was a more expensive version of flipping the post like us poor people did!
    profile_fastforward_03_m.jpg
  • west green wrote:
    Specialized Allez Epic 1993 aluminium lugs painted to avoid the corrosion that occurred on the earlier 1988 models, if this was in retrobike you would have had loads of replies. Nice and light, lots of info on the net but not that many photos of that model, as I found out when I was researching my eBay buy. Great find,

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it. I put about 150 miles on the bike since I've gotten it. You'd never know this bike is older than me with how well she rides. I can't believe someone just threw it away.
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Cool!

I'm pretty certain that the seatpost is an early Profile "Fast Forward" which was a more expensive version of flipping the post like us poor people did!
    profile_fastforward_03_m.jpg

Man that seat post is the most uncomfortable thing ever. But I did get a new one and keep that one. It is pretty light weight and I can see why people would want it. That apears to be the exact same seat post that was on the bike when I found it.