friday - amazed to stumble - where gods get lost - beneath, the southern cross

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,554
edited September 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

another lazy day, have a gentle ride soon then veg out, planning a long one tomorrow, need to prepare for it (well that's my excuse)

P10J-JK001_D_12801195075504.jpg
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Yep a warm ride in the rain around this agean isle of simple pleasures. I'm off to hunt down and consume a decent breakfast now while my wife packs. Result.

Later is a flight to manc land which will be a harsh introduction back to reality.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    CX on a friday! I've not trained at all for this season. Punter territory here I come, or I'll just stay on the MTB.

Work but followed by dinner out at one of my local favourites. Wine list is excellent too.

Enjoy your return Slowmart. Penance for your sins?

Dogs over cats SG
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    got spat out the back of the group this morning and spent what felt like forever at 3 - 4wkg catching back up .. that will teach me not to keep with the sprint .. freaking love Zwift

Then my GPS failed to get a signal ALL they way to work .... so now its not logged on Strava ... and they say if its not on strava then it didn't happen .... so am I at work or am I not ? .. and if I am, how did I get here ?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Sat in the sun, out for lunch and the wife is driving - happy days
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Get on with it Tashman - doesn't have to be clever.

Me doin' nought but should be doing summat me.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Healthy portion of dead cow on order, also have a bacon sarnie staring at me so very little work will be occurring today owning to a meat based coma.
    Weather wise here its just grey and boring no rain as yet or anything of interest. May go for a little spin round tonight.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Another day, another minion resigns - seems the market is strong out there given the pay rise they bagged. On the bright side this strengthens my hand in my upcoming pay negotiations. Especially if I go as well they are up the creek without a paddle.

Apart from that, it's nearly the weekend and we're off out to that thar countrysoide tomorrow I think.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    It seems working for Stevo is about as popular as haemorrhoids.
    Another busy day here, but at least it's Fryday. Told a customer that I didn't want to talk to him any more and he'd have to email enquiries from now on. Enjoyed that, he wasn't so keen and grovelled lots. Going to bunk off early and go to a pub with the Mrs later. Just been to the caff and eaten my weight in fried piggy. Fancy a kip now. Another barbecue tomorrow after meeting an old friend for lunch. Another hang over on Sunday I guess.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon update, sewage is coming up like a poo fountain up the hill from my house after someones obviously blocked it, went home at lunch an had to drive through a river of s***
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm just waiting for some haemorrhoids to complain about that statement. 2 minions in a week does look a bit careless but recruiting is quite good fun. I'll do my usual trick of chucking half of the CV's in the bin without reading them to avoid hiring unlucky people :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,554
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...2 minions in a week does look a bit careless but recruiting is quite good fun. I'll do my usual trick of chucking half of the CV's in the bin without reading them to avoid hiring unlucky people :)

it's the lucky ones who are leaving, so you should hire the ones you bin
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Veronese68 wrote:

Haha Stevo sounds a right pain in the arse :) two gone in one week well The Grapes of Wrath spring to mind.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Step83 wrote:
    Afternoon update, sewage is coming up like a poo fountain up the hill from my house after someones obviously blocked it, went home at lunch an had to drive through a river of s***

Eeek. Septic tank gone wrong?
    Veronese68 wrote:

Haha Stevo sounds a right pain in the ars* :) two gone in one week well The Grapes of Wrath spring to mind.

What goes around, comes around.

I think Stevo needs to rethink his recruitment technique quick or his bosses might re-evaluate the current long term staff.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Eeek. Septic tank gone wrong?
    Veronese68 wrote:

Haha Stevo sounds a right pain in the ars* :) two gone in one week well The Grapes of Wrath spring to mind.

What goes around, comes around.

I think Stevo needs to rethink his recruitment technique quick or his bosses might re-evaluate the current long term staff.
    Actually that's a good idea, I've decided to hire cheaper minions. I'll pay for your National Express ticket down to London.
  • Stevo need to hire a minion to hire minions!
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo need to hire a minion to hire minions!
    Already got an HR department :)