Clear swing arm protective wrap instead of black?

machinebike
machinebike Posts: 39
edited September 2016 in MTB general
My bike came with black rubber wrapped around swing arm chain side, this looks like a common thing.
My swing arm is white, so Id like to replace the black wrap with clear...do they make clear wrap for something like this?

I was going with white, but would like to put a sticker on that side of swing arm, so decided to go with clear.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    3M 'helicopter tape' is the stuff you want, clear and tough, cheaper is available but doesn't have the UV resistance so tends to go milky and then yellow with age.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    3M 'helicopter tape' is the stuff you want, clear and tough, cheaper is available but doesn't have the UV resistance so tends to go milky and then yellow with age.
    Sounds good, thanks.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Sounds good, thanks.
  • Rubber does a very good job of keeping the noise down if your chain hits it. I'd only use helicopter tape if it's just to protect from your foot rubbing the frame.