Boardman CX Team vs PX London Road

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited September 2016 in Road buying advice
Boardman now at £800 with Rival 1x11; can get similar PX for similar money

Which to go for as winter bike / muddy fun?

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Have you had a read of the big London Road thread? No specific comparisons to the Boardman, but lots of good LR info. Do you want mudguards? the LR has front and rear mudguard mounts, but I can't spot any on the photos of the Boardman front fork.

After that, which colour scheme do you prefer?
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I think the Boardman has mudguard mounts ?

https://twitter.com/Chris_Boardman/stat ... 4761616384
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    You're right - just spotted them in the Halfords photos down by the dropout
  • I've literally just returned from a local Halfords after viewing the CX Team. I have to say it looks a pretty cool bike and good value for money. Howevever......

I asked the Muppet assistant if I could have a test ride on it, to which he replied; "We don't do test rides, we're not insured!"

WTF! That was it for me. No test ride, no sale! :roll:
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I've literally just returned from a local Halfords after viewing the CX Team. I have to say it looks a pretty cool bike and good value for money. Howevever......

I asked the Muppet assistant if I could have a test ride on it, to which he replied; "We don't do test rides, we're not insured!"

WTF! That was it for me. No test ride, no sale! :roll:

Yes - its a real shame and yours is not the first sale that they have lost because of that.

I was 'lucky' and allowed to ride around the large car park at one when I bought my hybrid many moons ago.

The bikes are so good though, that I would not let it stop me buying one. Personally, I think the new CX team looks awesome as an urban/commuter road bike.