Bag to carry laptop 15"

MrGrumpy
MrGrumpy Posts: 288
edited August 2016 in Commuting general
Potentially looking for a bag that can take a 15" laptop o the commute. Not keen on panniers as I felt the last time I used one, that the bike was unbalanced ( they were cheapies ) . Would not be doing it everyday but maybe a couple of days a week, when i need to do some work at home. So thinking rucksack or messenger bag etc. Was looking on the bay at Ortlieb bags, so needs to be water proof and offer some protection. Currently using a Swiss Rucksack but its heavy and cumbersome due to the amount of extra pockets and stuff. Any one have such a thing they use or am i storing up a whole load of bad back problems ! 15mile commute each way.

Comments

• Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    MrGrumpy wrote:
    Potentially looking for a bag that can take a 15" laptop o the commute. Not keen on panniers as I felt the last time I used one, that the bike was unbalanced ( they were cheapies ) . Would not be doing it everyday but maybe a couple of days a week, when i need to do some work at home. So thinking rucksack or messenger bag etc. Was looking on the bay at Ortlieb bags, so needs to be water proof and offer some protection. Currently using a Swiss Rucksack but its heavy and cumbersome due to the amount of extra pockets and stuff. Any one have such a thing they use or am i storing up a whole load of bad back problems ! 15mile commute each way.

IME, panniers feel really bad on a bike with a flexy frame (e.g. my Reynolds 653). Don't know whether that was your issue or not. No issue on stiff Aluminium commuter bike.

I see quite a few Lobo rucksacks out and about. They are Ortlieb-esque. Wouldn't fancy a heavy rucksack for 15 miles each way though. Smaller laptop?