The "STEED"

tmacdon
tmacdon Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Road buying advice
:P Thomas Cyclery is proud to introduce the "STEED", the carbon Road Bike for today! See the "STEED" at http://www.thomascyclery.com

IMG_0305_A.jpg

Comments

• Jesus wept what a crock of sh!te
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    jeez . get rid of the stack of spacers .... who's yer target market.. twats who cant ride a road bike?
    I'm being blunt as this blatant marketing gone bad.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Web marketing at its best. Someone with more knowledge than me will be along in a minute to ID which particular open mould Chinese frame that is...
  • A quote from the website:
    'The all-new “STEED” by Thomas Cyclery is in the front, best of the best, top shelf, premium, superior, select, the best road bike you can ride.'

Never read such bollox :roll:
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    At a mere $3850, I'm getting two as they are bound to become collectors items.....like a Sinclair C5
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    That poor grass, being pictured next to that rubbish
  • I've just ordered one based on the reviews above. :D
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • LiamW
    LiamW Posts: 358
    That is bogging.

Thomas Cyclery’s the “STEED” is the Road Bike of tomorrow that is available today! Richly appointed with many features not found on today’s Road Bikes. Carbon frame, Carbon Bars, Carbon Wheels, manufactured to the highest standards

LOL
  • PTestTeam
    PTestTeam Posts: 395
    Fook it. I'm selling my Epoca R60 and getting one of these beauties. Especially as they've specced Schwalbe Marathon tyres. Pure speed machine
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Shoot!!!! I was quite liking the Look and Spec of the Whyte Wessex 2017 , Now someone has done this

whyte-wessex-2017_zpsqkknhpk0.jpg
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    tim wand wrote:
    Shoot!!!! I was quite liking the Look and Spec of the Whyte Wessex 2017 , Now someone has done this

whyte-wessex-2017_zpsqkknhpk0.jpg

Quite a few spacers there mind. I like it but I'd hate to be a twat for riding it. I'm off to remove a few from my Supersix in the meantime.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Well that didn't go to plan.
    Carrera Subway 2015
    Boardman Hybrid Team 2014
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    That truly is an ugly bike and some back street bike shops name on it wont help to sell it in fact it would put people off. The vast majority of people want a bike from reputable well know manufacturers, not some generic frame with the bike shops name written in comic sans font on the frame.

On a side note, you may want to let the website owner know that he accidentally added a '0' to the price which wont help sales either.
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    It's just dreadful. They'll never sell one so what's the plan? Some sort of scam? The website design is credited to U&R solutions- "Full website coming soon"..! THAT'S how to market a web-design firm...

Of course, no trading address, etc, anywhere.

On a positive note, they managed to find a typeface for the frame even worse than Comic Sans. Or Papyrus. Which is a feat.

Sleeper Service- damn you, I kept meaning to use that name when I signed up to a new thing...! Always forgot. The SS was my favourite Culture entity. Good call.
  • zoomer42
    zoomer42 Posts: 124
    Looks like it was designed by Theresa May
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    zoomer42 wrote:
    Looks like it was designed by Theresa May

Funny how?
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    What a hideous sack of sh!te, I literally wouldn't ride that if it was given to me.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Looks like someone's tried copying the Dolan Ares paint scheme in a not so subtle way.

ares-sl-2014.jpg
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • What were they thinking. SPACERS? How non pro is that. The stem needs to be 'slammed' bro >chest bump< >fist pump< >high five<.
  • I just threw up a little in my mouth............
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    That's one hell of a fugly stickerfest crock of sh1te.

No wait, I'll sell my Rourke and Massive Attack and get one. NOT.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Looks like its US/Michigan based, this is consistent with the 248 phone number on the site (and hence the bad taste):
    Registrant Name: Thomas MacDonald
    Registrant Organization: U&R Solutions
    Registrant Street: 25600 Clark
    Registrant City: Novi
    Registrant State/Province: Michigan
    Registrant Postal Code: 48375
    Registrant Country: US
    Registrant Phone: +1.2482320805
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Absolute fail, the photo looks like a bad advert on gumtree for a stolen bike, the whole thing has been built by someone who has no idea on the aesthetics of what makes a good looking bike. The colour scheme and wheel graphics are gaudy and unpleasant with too much going on. The setup of the bike is poor, saddle slammed back too far and the spacers make it look like a shopping bike. And all for $3850?

But far worse than that is the name, anyone who refers to a bike as a 'steed' should subject to ridicule. And calling a bike shop a 'cyclery' FFS.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    http://forums.bicycling.com/topic/the-steed?reply=154852707101358457#154852707101358457

It's an OAP manufacturer/buying-cheap-sh1t-from-china-and-over-pricing-it bless him, they're not known for taste. Actually, forget the bless him, he might be a complete t1t. OAPs can be t1ts too.