Late night indoor training

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
Personally, I never thought it ever good to do or even want to do a hard training session , 30 minutes before bed time... it must seem that people do do it though...
http://blog.trainerroad.com/time-ditch- ... og+Content

Comments

• Most people I know seem to prefer doing indoor training in the evenings. I guess because that's where people tend to have time. Personally in the evening I'm tired so the last thing I want to do is training. If I want to get an hour in I will do it before work which has the advantage that I'm getting to work feeling good.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I do most of mine in the evening because I am rubbish first thing in the morning... When I can haul myself out of bed early (the hardest part) I find my HR is sluggish and I can't get the same power through the pedals.

It does leave me feeling good though.

In the evening I do need to leave a bit of down time after training, otherwise it's hard to sleep.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    I think my heart would be beating too fast to sleep after a late session. In the winter I sometimes do sessions in the early evening. As for morning, not on a work day.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Looking after my 2 year old during the day (retired early) means I don't get opportunities to get out during the day. Evenings though is a pain in the backside. Already mentally fragged from the day job, the workout is fine, but a late shower afterwards before bed leaves me wide awake until the early hours.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    much prefer mornings ... ok 5am hurts, but only for 10mins, once the 200mg caffine kicks in and the pint of water has been absorbed .. its full on.

the only issue then is, finish the workout, have a shower and jump back on the bike to go to work ..... that 1st hill truly sucks with legs that feel like concrete, no glycogen, shakey and unresponsive .. urgh.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Early evening for me otherwise no sleep....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I can do mine late night no bother. Doesnt take me long to fall asleep after.
  • fat daddy wrote:
    much prefer mornings ... ok 5am hurts, but only for 10mins, once the 200mg caffine kicks in and the pint of water has been absorbed .. its full on.

the only issue then is, finish the workout, have a shower and jump back on the bike to go to work ..... that 1st hill truly sucks with legs that feel like concrete, no glycogen, shakey and unresponsive .. urgh.

Yeah 5.30am for me and it's tough for 5 mins until I get ready then it's fine and I'm at my best by 6am. Couldn't then ride to work after a turbo session seems like madness!