Giant Propel Advanced 0

Joer106
Joer106 Posts: 6
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
Just ordered a Gaint Propel Advanced 0 for £1950 and wondered if anyone had any feedback in regards to this bike?

Does it ride well? Things you'd change, etc?

Looking forward to getting out on it and hoping for a very late English summer!

Cheers guys,

Joe

Comments

• Giants are notoriously bad bikes, they cannot be used in the wet or if the sun is too strong. Giant as a company offer no refunds on bikes so you can't return it. May have been worth asking this question before ordering the bike.

I'll buy it second hand, unused for £250 though.
    “Jij bent niet van suiker gemaakt”
  • Joer106
    'Giants are notoriously bad bikes'? Massive statement that! Especially when they are used by World Tour Pro teams and probs the biggest bike company in the world so I wouldn't say they are doing too badly?

Cannot be used in the wet or when the sun too strong? Another bold one there! So I'm guessing Tom Domoulin just gives that TDF wet stage a miss then as a Gaint cannot be riden when it rains?

Thanks for comment though fella and I'll deffo let you know about your offer yeh :lol:
  • The world tour teams use rebadged Boardmans from Halfords. The team name is a play on words as we all know that Halfords are the giants of the cycle world.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Huge mistake in my view. I've seen some guys with Giants who often complain about them, and the Propel is the worst of the lot. A few guys in my club had to basically get rid of the frame for scrap as they have zero value on second hand market.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    And I hope they it doesn't come with Giant's own brand wheel and tyre's - they have a worse rep than their frames.
  • Dinyull wrote:
    And I hope they it doesn't come with Halfords own brand wheel and tyre's - they have a worse rep than their frames.

FTFY
  • dinyull
    Cheers man, Friday afternoon and my head is frazzled.
  • milemuncher1
    milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472
    The 'Giant Factory' produces a surprising amount of manufacturers frames. Their sticker sticking department is like a little bee hive. Essentialy, see 'Giant' think 'generic crap with a fancy sticker set'.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    A little unfair guys ... I commute on a Boardman team hybrid from the secret halfords "cycle republic" the pro racing side of halfords ... And ok the bike is a bit of a fatty at 10.5kg before the accessories needed for commuting .... But I reckon I could win a stage on a grand tour in it, doubly so in the wet with the 32 rubber.

So good luck with the giant, I doubt it's a Boardman as they are the bomb ... But if it is then all the better
  • dinyull
    The Boardman's that Halfords sell are just rebadged Hoy's though, unless you were luck enough to get one of the few rebadged Boardman Giant's that got the wrong paint job?!
  • milemuncher1
    milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472
    fat daddy wrote:
    A little unfair guys ... I commute on a Boardman team hybrid from the secret halfords "cycle republic" the pro racing side of halfords ... And ok the bike is a bit of a fatty at 10.5kg before the accessories needed for commuting .... But I reckon I could win a stage on a grand tour in it, doubly so in the wet with the 32 rubber.

So good luck with the giant, I doubt it's a Boardman as they are the bomb ... But if it is then all the better

There's nothing wrong with the Boardfords. My old Boardford Pro Carbon is a real trooper.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Good bike although would recommend getting a spare derailleur hanger (the wheels manufacturing is good) as the OEM one is made of cheese
  • Anonymous
    fat daddy wrote:

There's nothing wrong with the Boardfords. My old Boardford Pro Carbon is a real trooper.

NOBODY mock the Boardman Pro Carbon.
  • Joer106
    Quality this haha

Well I'll just have to give it ago and hopefully it won't melt in the sun or spontaneously combust as its a Gaint after all!

Cheers all!

Happy riding :roll: 8) :lol:
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Joer106 wrote:
    Quality this haha

Well I'll just have to give it ago and hopefully it won't melt in the sun or spontaneously combust as its a Gaint after all!

Cheers all!

Happy riding :roll: 8) :lol:

A Gaint? Why didn't you say? They're fine. It's Giant that melt in the sun.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Anonymous
    Why have you canvassed opinions after you bought it? It's a bit late then!

If you're showing off your new bike, turn to 'Your Road Bikes'. This is highly encouraged and as you'll see people have everything from B'Twin Tribans for a few 100 through to custom built Feather/English/Parlee etc for 10K+

If you wanted advice before you bought it, that's also fine, but a bit late...
  • Joer106
    I'll have a look cheers pal, hopefully will find some giant owners deep inside there!

:D
  • Anonymous
    Just watch for the OCD photograph police
  • Joer106
    Just had a quick nosey in that section and came away just thinking that! Never knew so many professional photographers rode bikes!
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    They don't ride them ... They have giants as they don't want to ruin the paint job on there £10k trophy wives
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    As with all carbon bikes no go in the rain due to warp/weft. Apart from that it'll be quite nice.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.