Mudguards for a CAAD12

dazz_ni45
dazz_ni45 Posts: 468
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
I have just picked up a CAAD12 and intend on using it through the winter in all but the worst days.

Has anyone any idea of mudguards that would fit it? I haven't received the bike yet so I'm not sure of clearances etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    PDW may work (and are full guards) but mean you can only take 23mm tyres. Spend a little extra time getting them perfect first time around and then they are fit and forget. They are a faff to remove each time if you take them off for dry days though as it involves taking the brakes off.
    See my sig for what my Kinesis looks like with them on.

Crudguards are ok but wobble and squeak a lot so require a lot of adjusting as they move around if you hit a pothole.

Ass saver offers minimal protection.

There are some other clip on ones available or using P clips such as SKS but the PDW work fantastically for me.
  • dazz_ni45
    dazz_ni45 Posts: 468
    Thanks, I have PDW guards fitted to my synapse and assumed the clearances would be too tight on the caad12
  • Anonymous
    Well I suppose you can always give it a go without any financial outlay, if not a lot of faffing!

Why not try and make the synapse as aggressive as it will go to mimic the CAAD12 and just ride it on the wet days, perhaps with some upgraded brake pads?
  • Not the ideal choice for a winter bike, any mudguard will be of the bodge variety surely?
  • Anonymous
    Nope. Arthur - see my sig for my kinesis.
  • coriordan wrote:
    Nope. Arthur - see my sig for my kinesis.

Ok I take it back, that's very tidy!
  • Anonymous
    Indeed. I saw a guy on my commute on a Canyon AL with them so copied on that basis. They are great!
  • DanTe1
    DanTe1 Posts: 9
    If the clearance on the 12 is the same as the 10 it'll be a struggle. My old 10 was very tight running 25's,,