Garmin Edge 500

knightlore21
knightlore21 Posts: 44
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi - I was looking to upgrade my edge 200 with one that could provide HR and cadence data.

Was originally looking at edge 820 or 520 but managed to pick up a edge 500 bundle (with HR strap and cadence sensor) for £64.50 as part of a major retailers stock clearance.

On the face if it this device (despite being old tech) will do what I want it to do. Bit of a pain having to hard-wire connect it to PC to upload data but can just about live with that.

Have I had a decent deal here or should I return and spend extra and get the 520 ?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    65 with all the extras is pretty good value seeing as the 520 is £200 or so. Second hand that would be a good price
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    The HRM strap (premium soft strap) and GSC10 would usually cost around £65 if you were buying them on their own so yes it was a good deal.

If it were me I'd now sell the brand new 500 for £75 and buy a 520.
  • MugenSi wrote:
    The HRM strap (premium soft strap) and GSC10 would usually cost around £65 if you were buying them on their own so yes it was a good deal.

If it were me I'd now sell the brand new 500 for £75 and buy a 520.

Might not be a bad idea... Am happy with the deal but had researched the 520/820 extensively and now feel I may be missing out on some of the features of those newer devices...
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Keep the 500 and spend the rest on something else!
  • zoomer42
    zoomer42 Posts: 124
    Bit of a pain having to hard-wire connect it to PC to upload data but can just about live with that.

Sounds awful. Do you have any family members who could help with putting in the usb lead?
  • zoomer42 wrote:
    Bit of a pain having to hard-wire connect it to PC to upload data but can just about live with that.

Sounds awful. Do you have any family members who could help with putting in the usb lead?

Lol....sarcasm at its best .....did you write the scripts for Blackadder as you clearly have an outstanding gift for sarcasm...