Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB buying advice

Help: choosing between 2 bikes

grid_1grid_1 Posts: 8
edited August 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi All

thanks for looking at this thread

i am looking between 2 bikes unfortunatly i dont live near any of these shops so buying online.

Vitus Bikes Sentier Hardtail Mountain Bike 2016 - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitu ... prod135384

or

B'TWIN RAFAL 720 MOUNTAIN BIKE - 27.5" - http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rafal-720-mo ... 37929.html

any help i would be greatful

i am 5'7-5'8 with 30" inside leg so concerned about the Btwin

Dave

• The RookieThe Rookie Posts: 27,792
    Concerned? In what way?

Have you measured the ETT on your current bike and compared it (allowing for any offset seatpost)?
    Current steed - Whyte T129, 2013 frame, mongrel Revelations, Giant dropper, Stans S1 wheelset. 12, Magura Trail Sport brakes, 1x11. 12.8Kg
  • cooldadcooldad Posts: 32,599
    The Vitus is a bit more hardcore, the BTwina bit racier/XCy.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • grid_1grid_1 Posts: 8
    Concerned that the Btwin will be to big for me as they only come in M,L.
    i dont have a current bike, first bike in 20 years lol

i be using the bike for forestry roads and bike park wales.

thanks for advsing.

Vitus hardcore and Btwin XC could do with a bit of both there
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,992
    The vitus has a half decent fork with a bit more travel than the rafal, so will be a bit more comfortable at BP than the Rafal, I prefer Shimano as well and the vitus comes with shadowplus rear mech. So the vitus would be my choice out of the two. Mate has a Vitus Sommet and loves it. Suspect you wouldn't be going to extreme at BP as big boy bikes seem to be better, 140mm plus full sus bikes.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
    Thanks OXOMAN for the informtion, great to have some imput from someone who rides. looks like you have made my mind up.
    i wouldnt be doing the extreme trails as im 46 and over the hill haha
    46 is not over the hill!
    Current steed - Whyte T129, 2013 frame, mongrel Revelations, Giant dropper, Stans S1 wheelset. 12, Magura Trail Sport brakes, 1x11. 12.8Kg
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,992
    I'm 51 and still going. Young whipper snappers.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
    haha well i need to get into shape. so i will probably struggle for a few months, i am very near bike park wales but will not even attempt that until im fit enough. i am sure you guys been doing this a while now?

i am hesitating with the bike due to security as it need to go into a shed and i will probably need to get anchor down bolts and bars for door.
    oxoman wrote:
    I'm 51 and still going. Young whipper snappers.
    You are sooooooo much older than me of course.
  • Does it have to be these 2 bikes. This voodoo is cheaper and got rave reviews. I have missed mine since selling it.
    http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/m ... ntain-bike.
    Sorry to throw another one at you.