tuesday in a gadda da vida

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,545
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

dawn is racing towards me at umpty kilometres an hour, time to get ready for a ride

expect this to be followed by another afternoon of sunbed evaluation, on the kindle shall be the standard model of particle physics, deep down things, bruce a schumm, a cracking read

enjoy the day, ignore cake stop arrivistes, they're not worth it
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Morning all,
    Slightly slower start as I'm taking the girl to physio this morning. Unfortunately this means I'm in the car on a sunny day. Rats!
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Still in bed, should be going incognito shortly.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    Gethinceri wrote:
    Still in bed, should be going incognito shortly.

Why?:
    Are you on the run?
    Are you in Swansea?
    Is she not quite so pretty the morning after?
    sungod wrote:
    ...ignore cake stop arrivistes, they're not worth it

If you get lots of money it solves everything. Which doesn't explain why he's still f*cked up.

Top o tha marnin to ye

Grass cutting plans went West 'cos of the continuing Monsoon.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Pinno wrote:
    If you get lots of money it solves everything. Which doesn't explain why he's still f*cked up.
    If being the operative. If on the other hand you spend your life working for rich folks running around at their beck and call but never quite get there yourself although you are obsessed with money, that could mess with your head.
    Sure you get to use the rich kids play things, but they're not yours so it's not the same. Much like renting a trophy wife from a website and accusing others of looking at spurious sites. All speculation of course, what do I know?
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    If being the operative. If on the other hand you spend your life working for rich folks running around at their beck and call but never quite get there yourself although you are obsessed with money, that could mess with your head.
    Sure you get to use the rich kids play things, but they're not yours so it's not the same. Much like renting a trophy wife from a website and accusing others of looking at spurious sites. All speculation of course, what do I know?

Think you have a point. The root problem is aspiring to the wealth in the first place. If you think speculatively buying bottles of Chateau Lafite is a long term investment, you're not really 'there' are you?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Just been for another swim, time to roast in the sun for a bit and let the cold beer from lunch settle down :)
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    First day back at work after two weeks holding down the beaches of Crete. Oh joy.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Just taken a sleeping bag back to decathlon after my son cut his kneck open on the zipper. Bought a camp table from Argos on my energy points. Took it back as they gave me a completely different table. They gave me correct one got it home and one of the telescopic legs has been diverted on backwards so it doesn't lock out.
    Argos is an anagram of complete and utter basterds .
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Here's Mr I Ron Butterfly's version :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qSCUhqsy4Nk
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Think you have a point. The root problem is aspiring to the wealth in the first place. If you think speculatively buying bottles of Chateau Lafite is a long term investment, you're not really 'there' are you?
    Its a pretty good bet that someone like this isnt nearly as well off they would like to be or make out to be.

Nice day out in the sunshine for me. Now enjoying my last evening of holiday before work tomorrow. I will at least pedal in tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Spent 3 hours after work , under a 23 year old ( unfortunately it was a Vauxhall Corsa and not a nubile Swedish model) with an Angle grinder, Various spanners and a mallet fitting a new back box.

Because unlike you plebs I am actually a boat owner ( £100 all in with the trailer ) result I m calling her " Echo Beach "

Unfortunately the quote to fit a tow bar ( I only live 100 yards from the river ) to the Mitsubushi 4x4 we brought last September was £1200 and Mrs W wasn't too fond of the idea of me reversing it in and out of the Trent anyway.

Long story short a mate at work was selling the Corsa with only 56'000 miles on it and a new tow bar fitted for only £300. No brainer in my eyes, £18 for a new back box, and the first bit of proper man work I ve done in years.

I m off to Find Yachting Radar .com Forum.
  • pinno
    I know a man who can get less power out of that Corsa for you Tim.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Pinno wrote:

As long as I get a nice Vinyl Graphic to stick in the window that say's " Tuned By ??????? ", Then its worth it!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    tim wand wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

As long as I get a nice Vinyl Graphic to stick in the window that say's " Tuned By ??????? ", Then its worth it!

That's good, because I'm sure there was someone on here who knew of a great decal maker.

I don't think I ever saw any of them though.

The older I get, the better I was.