Shimano Flite Deck SC-7900

dennisn
dennisn Posts: 10,601
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
My (Irish) wife and I will be in Ireland next month doing a 6 day guided trip around the countries south with the start finish in Dublin. You know, she has got to kiss the Blarney Stone. Since the above computer(and all its parts) are not available here in the US I'm thinking of pricing one over there. We will also be in Paris for 5 days. Any advise on this item would be appreciated. I can buy one through the Internet on Wiggle and others and have it sent to me but thought I might get a better price over there. Thanx, Dennis.

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,147
    Ouch it's expensive for a non GPS computer. You must really want to see what gear you're in.
    Why don't you just get a Garmin? Does everything apart from the gear display for older Shimano groupsets plus a lot more. Can go simple and small with an Edge 25 or you can even get a 520 for the same sort of money as the Shimano. And that can even show gear if you go Di2 in future. Seriously, it's a Betamax in a world of Blu-rays!
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    super_davo wrote:
    Ouch it's expensive for a non GPS computer. You must really want to see what gear you're in.
    Why don't you just get a Garmin? Does everything apart from the gear display for older Shimano groupsets plus a lot more. Can go simple and small with an Edge 25 or you can even get a 520 for the same sort of money as the Shimano. And that can even show gear if you go Di2 in future. Seriously, it's a Betamax in a world of Blu-rays!
    You do make a good point.