What helmet to get

willmtb
willmtb Posts: 69
edited August 2016 in MTB buying advice
Looking for a helmet no fancy colours needed black would be fine. Budget of £40 for a light comfortable and protective helmet any suggestions?

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    One that fits.

Seriously, helmet shapes are not all the same. You need to try a few on and find one that fits your head shape.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What sort of riding?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • willmtb
    willmtb Posts: 69
    The Rookie wrote:
    What sort of riding?
    Trail riding
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Try some on for fit. Get one with a peak if its trails you're riding. They've all passed the safety tests so its down to comfort.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I've just ordered an Endura Singletrack having tried a mates for size, usually around £70, got mine on offer for £41 but the offer has ended now.

My noggin falls between a medium and large on many helmets (sometimes getting a fit is impossible with either), Endura's whacky sizing puts me in the middle of their M/L size which probably helped it fit nicely!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.