thought i'd introduce myself.

japower1990
japower1990 Posts: 45
edited August 2016 in MTB beginners
Hi peeps,

i thought id stop by and say hello . i've recently got into mountain biking and I'm loving every minute of hitting the trails at the weekends and some week nights (before the winter nights start pulling in).

I've been doing it properly now for around 5 months and have upgraded a few parts on the bike ( pedals,stem and some more powerful brakes.) but i wanted to get some feedback as to wether its worthwhile spending money on upgrades on the bike i have or wether i should pocket the cash and buy a better bike later on.

at the moment I've got a cube stereo 120 pro , its a great bike and is more than enough for what i want to do at the moment but i am hoping to have a go at a lot more punishing trails in the near future. i was thinking of upgrading the front and rear shocks but the frame only recommends forks up to 130mm travel.

any help / feedback would be much appreciated so i don't go and waster a load of money. :D

james

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You could probably go 130 on the front, but you can't just increase the rear. Frame is designed for a specific length and travel shock.
    120 should be enough for anything in the UK short of some serious black runs, or the Alps.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools