Where to ride in Suffolk/Norfolk?

BD1993
BD1993 Posts: 38
edited August 2016 in MTB general
I'm from Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk, other than the obvious location of Thetford Forest is there anywhere else in Suffolk/Norfolk worth riding? I've heard Rendlesham is okay?

What are your thoughts people?

Comments

• cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Rendlesham is o.k but I dont know it well. Thetford forest has some trails. I just ride locally on the bridleways and other useable paths/trails. I live is sudbury. If you can make it to hartest green at 7pm on a wednesday there is a group of us who go for a 2 hr local ride. Thetford and Rendelsham are o.k but I rarely go there now. Local riding is just as much fun and I dont have to travel.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • i rode tunstall forrest last weekend and i enjoyed that, i am bit of beginner tho so I'm not sure how it would match up to what you normally do. id be interested in knowing of any other places around and wouldn't mind tagging along sometime if theres an offer there :D would be good to meet more people who ride
  • BD1993
    To be honest I'm coming back to the sport after 7 years away! So i'm pretty much at a beginner stage also. I have been riding around local paths etc around fields but it's not same in my opinion to a purpose built trail centre.
  • Ah I see, it's the same sort of background as I have then, I'm pretty confident on hitting the trails , just don't have the experience in them. Give tunstall a look sometime then if oh haven't already, just watch out for the thorn bushes...
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Did ride in Thetford forest a few times with the boys which was fun, but they are grown up and have flown the nest now. In the end it's the lack of hills round here that persuaded me to give up on mountain biking and return to being a roadie. That and having the bike nicked.

From the end of my drive I'm on gently undulating, quiet country roads. Heaven!
  • BD1993
    Yeah the flat land does suck a little for mountain biking. For now I think Thetford will have to do !