question for rapha pro team aero jersey owners

prhymeate
prhymeate Posts: 795
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
I wear a small in the pro team climbers jersey and ordered a small pro team aero in the sale. It fits perfectly in the body but is a little tight around the neck/shoulders. It's quite a bit smaller than my climbers jersey, has anyone noticed if they stretch/loosen over time at all? It's almost perfect and I think a medium would be fine around my neck but too big in the body, especially with loaded pockets sagging.

Comments

• Not noticed any stretch in mine. You are right, they are cut tighter in the shoulders/neck but once you are in a riding position this won't be as noticeable. As you say the medium would probably be too big around your middle and negate the purpose of the jersey.

If it's restrictive enough as to be really uncomfortable I'd return it, but if you think you can tolerate the fit, keep the small.
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    yes mine is tighter than reg PT in the areas you mention. thats the bit that hits the wind first. it may have given a bit since new.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • prhymeate
    Cheers for the replies. I'd say it's right on the edge of uncomfortable, or at least I know that I'm wearing it if that makes sense, but that might be because I'm standing indoors and thinking about it. My chest is 93cm which falls in their medium range but the small climbers jersey fits perfectly, I don't even notice it when it's on.
  • Hard one to call. The climber's jersey IMO is cut slightly larger than any of the other Rapha PT jerseys so it may be that you are a small in the CJ because of this, your actual size may be medium, as you suggest.

My rule of thumb is that If I am constantly thinking to myself "is this the right size or not?" then in truth it probably isn't.

To give you a comparison I am 89cm chest (although pretty broad in the shoulders) and I wear the small.
  • zoomer42
    zoomer42 Posts: 124
    I've been such an idiot with this jersey.

I have a black size large on its way in the post. Bought it without reading the many reviews stating about how narrow the arms' are. I don't have huge guns, but there is muscle there so I'm assuming before this thing even arrives its not going to work.
  • prhymeate
    ^ Thanks for the info. I'm constantly trying it on and trying to decide, ha. It's a shame because from the chest down it's perfect, I just notice it's there around the neck/shoulders.
    zoomer42 wrote:

I have a black size large on its way in the post. Bought it without reading the many reviews stating about how narrow the arms' are. I don't have huge guns, but there is muscle there so I'm assuming before this thing even arrives its not going to work.

They are narrower than my climbers jersey, but the fabric is very stretchy and soft (partly why I'm undecided on my size I think) so you might be ok.
  • zoomer42
    Prhymeate wrote:
    ^ Thanks for the info. I'm constantly trying it on and trying to decide, ha. It's a shame because from the chest down it's perfect, I just notice it's there around the neck/shoulders.
    zoomer42 wrote:

They are narrower than my climbers jersey, but the fabric is very stretchy and soft (partly why I'm undecided on my size I think) so you might be ok.

That gives me hope :)

Looks like a really nice jersey.
  • prhymeate
    zoomer42 wrote:

That gives me hope :)

Looks like a really nice jersey.

I've just realised you were talking about this jersey: http://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/pro-team ... duct/PAJ04 I was talking about the other one, with slightly different sleeves here http://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/pro-team ... t/PAJ01CLR

It's a bit confusing reading the reviews as they use the same for both. Anyway, fingers crossed yours will fit.
  • zoomer42
    There go's all hope again

:)
  • prhymeate
    zoomer42 wrote:
    There go's all hope again

:)

ha, sorry! I have a craft vest that looks like a vaguely similar material that has some stretch in it, if that lifts your spirits.

I think if I'm going to want to comfortably fit a merino baselayer and arm warmers underneath this jersey during the colder months, a medium might be better. Just wish they weren't longer in the body.