Ribble cycles returns policy

markyone
markyone Posts: 1,119
edited August 2016 in Road general
I bought a eps super record rear mech 5 weeks ago and 2 of those weeks i were on holiday.
The point being is its now showing a fault and is not functioning so i have sent it back and now have bought another one off them as i need one asap.
What they are telling me i should of not done this and sent it back for repair.
Anyone else had dealings with them like this?i could understand if it were months old but its only weeks and having a bike out of action while i waited for a repair.
I think this one is going to cost me :(
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    Should have spoken to them first and agreed what should be done.

They are probably within the law but will be flexible when you speak to them.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Just googled their returns policy:

Returning Faulty Items

We will happily exchange or refund any product proved faulty. We recommend you use Recorded Delivery when returning items, to cover yourself against loss. [...]

What's not clear is whether its you or them who decides whether to exchange or refund. I'd simply say I want a refund per your returns policy.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    drlodge wrote:
    Just googled their returns policy:

Returning Faulty Items

We will happily exchange or refund any product proved faulty. We recommend you use Recorded Delivery when returning items, to cover yourself against loss. [...]

What's not clear is whether its you or them who decides whether to exchange or refund. I'd simply say I want a refund per your returns policy.
    Posted back recorded delivery we shall see what happens
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap