'ning

a lazy day beckons, easy ride, shopping, sunbed, lounging

like this, but without the cigarettes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5a5vBzwLkM
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Bit of motorbike tinkering beckons methinks post Hound walking/coffee drinking/Bambini organizing.......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Market day in the town, so now I've ticked off my exercise for the day lets go and see what tat the kids are desperate for
  • in work on my day off trying to finish my profile form before the end of month...arghhhhh
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Hard work getting up this morning, that wasn't helped by the three naked ladies I had last night. Rode in as it's supposed to be a nice day and got leaked on by the sky, then realised I'd forgotten my wallet. Oh dear. Got Wednesday off to take the girl to GOSH in the morning so at least I only have four day week. Just got cake so things are looking up.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Me eating Porage me. Going to go out on the winter bike soon as the sky leaked a lot last night and it's bloody chilly.
    I am sure the local corner shop can give VN some Ginger nuts on credit.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hard work getting up this morning, that wasn't helped by the three naked ladies I had last night.
    I take they are cocktails :)

Day off today, spoiled slightly by the need to go buy a new kitchen tap and a trip to the bank. May head out to the countryside later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I think some time today will be spent welcoming returning friends. :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I think some time today will be spent welcoming returning friends. :wink:
    The tales of Baron von Munchausen, part 2 :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I take they are cocktails :) .
    Not quite, but it is indeed a drink.
    temp.600.png
    Served by a perfectly charming, but fully clothed, bar maid.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    Luckily the expensive MK bag MrsHD spied was behind the glass window of a closed shop.

Onwards, upwards then to the pool before I cut the grass and sort the BBQ.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, the morning appeared to vanish in a puff of confusion and business for me. Afternoon hopefully going the same way so I can escape home.
    Only issue is I have the grand total of zip to show for it.

Other than that debating what to drink this evening as I was gifted an Aspalls six pack with various brews inside.
  • ballysmate
    Step83 wrote:
    Afternoon, the morning appeared to vanish in a puff of confusion and business for me. Afternoon hopefully going the same way so I can escape home.

Other than that debating what to drink this evening as I was gifted an Aspalls six pack with various brews inside.

Surely the only dilemma in in which order to drink them.
  • veronese68
    Just been offered 2 tickets for the Goodwood Revival, marvellous.
  • pinno
    Elected to go Norf on the velocipede only to find I had a tail/cross wind. It had me thinking about the very stiff head/cross wind home. In the intervening time period (which I wouldn't possibly share in a dedicated cycl...) about 1 hr 45 minutes, the wind slowly switched round so tail/cross wind home. It was like winning the lottery. Me happy me but slightly fooked.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

It is, none are mega strong all half litre bottles strongest is a little over the 7% mark couple of odd berry ones in there. May just do a random selection to be honest.
  • I have finally finished filling in my 27 pages of standard academic profile (CV).
    27 ffing pages, just so i can get a single increment on the salary...
    I now have to fill in the progression form! another ton of bloody pages asking the same ffing questions.
    ARRGGGHHH.

On a lighter note, I may go home and do it tomorrow.
  • pinno
    I have finally finished filling in my 27 pages of standard academic profile (CV).
    I now have to fill in the progression form! another ton of bloody pages asking the same ffing questions.
    ARRGGGHHH.

Oh that's good. Hope you get the raise and then you can post the graveyard scaffolding to me and i'll lacquer it for you :wink: *

*Without getting sh1t from newbies about it.
  • Pinno wrote:
    I have finally finished filling in my 27 pages of standard academic profile (CV).
    ARRGGGHHH.

Oh that's good. Hope you get the raise and then you can post the graveyard scaffolding to me and i'll lacquer it for you :wink: *

The kicker is it's cost work about 3k for each person that has filled the form in. Then it'll cost about 2k for each form to be evaluated by a panel, so about 5k per person wasted on a 1k increment, so all in all probably cost work well over £3Million, just because they approved a crap form!
    Still have about 3-4hrs to spend on the application form.

* i'd be too scared to rub down the frame in case i go straight through it. perhaps i could t-cut it and blow over with some holt's duplicolour; in Austin Allegro beige!
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

It is, none are mega strong all half litre bottles strongest is a little over the 7% mark couple of odd berry ones in there. May just do a random selection to be honest.
    Decisions decisions. I need to decide between Kopparberg, Old Rosie and Thatchers Katy for this evenings grog. The last 2 are around 7%.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Decisions decisions. I need to decide between Kopparberg, Old Rosie and Thatchers Katy for this evenings grog. The last 2 are around 7%.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier answer.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    ARRGGGHHH.

The kicker is it's cost work about 3k for each person that has filled the form in. Then it'll cost about 2k for each form to be evaluated by a panel, so about 5k per person wasted on a 1k increment, so all in all probably cost work well over £3Million, just because they approved a crap form!
    Still have about 3-4hrs to spend on the application form.

HRM at its finest. Pity HRM doesn't actually exist.

* i'd be too scared to rub down the frame in case i go straight through it. perhaps i could t-cut it and blow over with some holt's duplicolour; in Austin Allegro beige!

Seriously, some very fine wet wet and dry (no, not a duplication) and some alcohol to clean it. It's far more durable than you think.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Would've thought it would be Thatchers all night long for you Stevo.
  • Stevo_666
    Would've thought it would be Thatchers all night long for you Stevo.
    That's what I had in the end. Not bad at all.
  • pinno
    I see piston head moaned about 'more enthusiastic cyclists' on other forums. I can't remember him ever posting much about bikes. Odd.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

I've turned to rum - this won't end well