What bag?

phillondon
phillondon Posts: 25
edited August 2016 in MTB buying advice
I want a bag that I can attach to the underside of my frame that will fit a hand pump and a spare tyre, tools etc. The ones I see on eBay and Amazon are a little small, can anyone link me an affordable, good quality one please.

Thanks!

Comments

• well i use a saddle bag for my tube and repair kit and my pump,food,money and phone all go in my Camelbak
  • well i use a saddle bag for my tube and repair kit and my pump,food,money and phone all go in my Camelbak

Ideally I'd like to be able to put everything all in the same bag as I'd be using it for when I go on rides and stuff so that I don't have to use a rucksack too.

Spare tube, pump, Allan key set, maybe be able to get a sandwich and my keys in the there.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Decathlon do a decent triangular frame bag that will take a compact pump (takes my Mammoth just).

Off road riding I prefer putting stuff in the camelback as it keeps the bike light and responsive.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    Have you thought about a bottle cage tool holder? It's essentially a water bottle with a wide neck and screw-on lid. I use one on my road bike and it has a tube, mini pump, multi-tool and tyre levers in it. Obviously you lose a bottle cage but if you have a spare position it might do what you need?

I personally use a Kriega hydration backpack and small saddle bag. I can get away without the backpack if I use the pump mount that came with it (attached to the bottle cage bolts) but obviously this means the pump gets covered in mud.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • PhilLondon wrote:
    well i use a saddle bag for my tube and repair kit and my pump,food,money and phone all go in my Camelbak

Ideally I'd like to be able to put everything all in the same bag as I'd be using it for when I go on rides and stuff so that I don't have to use a rucksack too.

Spare tube, pump, Allan key set, maybe be able to get a sandwich and my keys in the there.
    if you get a camelbak or a clone, you can carry everything in the same bag

i have in my camelbak the following...
    multi tool
    bike pump
    rockshox fork pump
    first aid kit
    money
    phone
    waterproof thin jacket
    mars bar
    flapjack
    plus it has a 3 Ltr bladder
    (in the winter i also take extra gloves and socks)

the only thing i keep in my bike saddle bag is 2 inner tubes and Park GP-2 Glueless Patches
    all my main kit stays with me, this is because i know people who did carry their tools in their saddle bag but if your out alone at a bike center and need the toilet nobody is watching your bike or saddle bag. and almost all saddle bags are now quick release. and they had their saddle bag stolen when they got back from the toilet.

camelbak's are expensive so when i did was spend a few days on ebay looking at just the auctions (not buy it now)
    and all the one i was interested in i asked the seller a question, to see if they would take a offer outside of ebay for a quick sale. most said no,and thats fair enough but some wanted to avoid the ebay fee's. and thats what you want

i got a camelbak mule with no bladder for £20 inc postage. so all i had to do was get a bladder.
    then i got a camelbak omega 3 Ltr bladder (the best you can buy) brand new from ebay £15
    so all in for £35 i have a bag that rrp is £70+ and the bladder rrp £23+

also all camelbak products come with a lifetime warranty so its a win win