Seatpost advice for new Cannondale Synapse Alloy Disc 105

roof30
roof30 Posts: 58
edited August 2016 in Workshop
Just bought myself a new C'dale Synapse Alloy Disc 105 this week and want to change the seatpost (currently a C3) for something a tad lighter. I can source the C'dale C2 for £45 but was wondering whether the 350mm post length will fit inside the seat tube or whether it will need to be cut down. The current post is 300mm long and I'm struggling to find anything that has the stupid 25.4mm diameter other than the C'dale C2 and Thomson Elite (which I'm not keen on).

Any ideas?
Cannondale Synapse AL 105, Specialized Sirrus Comp

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    350MM Post will fit the seat tube fine, FSA do 25.4mm posts , they are used on most of the new higher end Evo Sixs and Synapses. Be careful though there are a lot of Fake Carbon FSA items on E Bay.
  • roof30
    Thanks for the info. Tim. Struggling to find anywhere that sells 25.4mm FSA seatposts. Found one place, here, which will have them in stock from mid-September, but no prices:
    http://www.7hundred.co.uk/41427/product ... -back.aspx
    If you know of anywhere else I'd be very grateful for links.

Thanks also for the heads-up about ebay and FSA; probably wouldn't have used them anyway but a warning is always good.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Hiya,

I have a Di2 compatible 300m C2 seatpost that was fitted to my Synapse - incorrectly!

It is surplus to requirements as I had to buy a 350mm one for my leg length, so has never been ridden on, although admittedly it has been fitted of course.

PM me if you are interested - can easily send pics etc etc.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • roof30
    Seatpost bought from Dan. Thanks Dan! :-)
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    roof30 wrote:
    Seatpost bought from Dan. Thanks Dan! :-)

My pleasure Ruth, hope it serves you well, and good luck with your stem search - don't pay too much for one though!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18