Saddle for a fat lad

BOOTHMEISTER
BOOTHMEISTER Posts: 19
edited August 2016 in MTB beginners
Looking for some suggestions in the saddle department please. I have previously been an avid rider but since the birth of my daughter 3 years ago I've gradually been riding less and less to the point where I basically don't ride. I've recently gone on a couple of rides but find that anything above 10 miles makes my arse so sore that ids causing me to cut my ride short. At a current 18 stone I ain't small and I'm all top heavy meaning there is a lot of weight resting on my saddle. I want to get a saddle to help combat this without getting one with springs, lol. Weight isn't really an issue but comfort is. Any suggestions or similar experience?

Thanks, Chris Booth

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Your sit bones are in the same place as before, weight makes no difference to the saddle needed.

So you either need a saddle that fits as before or to wait for the muscles over the sit bines to harden up a bit.

Wearing decent padded shorts?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.