Downtube cable guides - HELP!!

not-another-hillǃ
not-another-hillǃ Posts: 1,310
edited August 2016 in Workshop
Hi,

I'm converting my Wilier Zero9 from Di2 back to a mechanical gruppo and I am desperately searching for the cable guide thingy that screws in under the down tube to guide the gear cables down to the bottom bracket where they go off to the FD and RD.
LBS have been useless....I've contacted Wilier direct but being in Italy, they're naturally very slow....the importers ATB have been their usual helpful selves :roll: ....anyone got any ideas?

Bike is looking very sad and lonely not being ridden....

thanks in advance

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    Can you use a Shimano type SM-SP-18-M BB cable guide, of is it a specific wilier BB cable guide you are after?
  • Its this bit I need...the metal bit that screws into the frame that guides the gear cables down towards to BB
    29091767425_d60a67861f.jpg

I don't know the Shimano piece you mean, but Ill google it
  • ah no, the Shimano piece you refer to is a BB guide....theres loads of those available for a couple of quid...
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Hi,

I'm converting my Wilier Zero9 from Di2 back to a mechanical gruppo and I am desperately searching for the cable guide thingy that screws in under the down tube to guide the gear cables down to the bottom bracket where they go off to the FD and RD.
    LBS have been useless....I've contacted Wilier direct but being in Italy, they're naturally very slow....the importers ATB have been their usual helpful selves :roll: ....anyone got any ideas?

Bike is looking very sad and lonely not being ridden....

thanks in advance
    Find the nearest Wilier super store take a mate and a pair of wire cutters. Get your mate to distract the staff while you quickly cut the cables and unscrew the stops. :twisted:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,555
    italy pretty much shuts down in august

in the meantime a wilier retailer is the best bet, a large one might even have a spare in stock
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    Are these things not generic? Something like this

CS1013.jpg

http://www.paragonmachineworks.com/cgi- ... key=CS1013

That one's M5. If that's what you need, SJS are good at this kind of thing, or your LBS might well have something in the back of a drawer
  • Thanks all for the replies, Ive got my local Wilier dealer on it, and the Dutch Wilier dealer I originally bought the bike from.
    Re the barrel adjusters, yes they probably are generic.....but, there's nothing to attach them to! That's the bit I need!!
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    If you have no luck from Wilier you can order some generic stops from frame suppliers. http://www.cycle-frames.com/bicycle-fra ... -STOP.html and http://ceeway.com/Aluminum%20Aluminium% ... tanium.htm (look at STI Stops Art. 131). Be aware that you probably will have to drill your frame and rivet the new stops on and it would be a good idea to find out if the frame is built to support the stress from the stops. Of course the non-Di2 frame can handle it, just not sure yours has the same structure in the DT. I'm sure there is info on the net to find out how to do this all properly if you want to do it yourself or most CF repair shops could do it for a reasonable cost.