Found - Mini pump, Jubilee Tower, Lancaster

lakesluddite
lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
edited August 2016 in Road general
Grinding up Jubilee Tower last sunday, I came across a mini-pump lying in the middle of the carriageway, looking all alone and sad.

Never mind, I said, I will take care of you, and I will leave a message on a popular cycling forum to try and find your rightful owner. Here you go, you sit in this pocket and I'll get you to safety.

Thank you so much, kind sir, said the mini-pump - all I ask is that you request my description and the approximate time I was jettisoned from my owners loving embrace, so that it is more likely I be returned to my loved one, and not some chancer who fancies a free mini-pump.

Okay little one, consider it done.

PM me if you are currently sitting at home, mourning the loss of your precious small inflation device (I know I would be).

Comments

• People say some weird things!

I would have just mentioned the fact you picked up a pump (and necessary info) and are hoping to find its owner.
  • People say some weird things!

I would have just mentioned the fact you picked up a pump (and necessary info) and are hoping to find its owner.

That's a bit rude. I was quite entertained. Very nice gesture as well rather than just keeping the pump.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    People say some weird things!

I would have done the same but the world is a better place for people who have a bit of imagination.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    And Shakespeare could have said Romeo and Juliet fancied each other but things didn't turn out so well.... :roll:

I too was entertained by your heart warming tale, and in a way, hope the careless swine who so carelessly discarded the little thing doesn't read this. It sounds like it's now residing in a much more caring home.
  • john1967
    john1967 Posts: 366
    Any excuse to stop halfway up the tower eh ?