Arm warmers

paulbnix
paulbnix Posts: 632
edited September 2016 in Road buying advice
I have a couple of pairs of arm warmers I bought from Aldi.
The roubaix ones are good for cold weather but the thinner lycra ones tend to fall down.
Just after some suggestions for thinner arm warmers.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    wiggle have a sale on for UV arm screens etc.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    A lot will be dependent on fit (shape and length) and this usually comes down to specifics. I would try and get to a shop and try some on and buy the ones that work for you. The Roubaix ones generally tend to be a bit more forgiving on shape/fit due to the extra friction/wriggle room provided by the fleece but with thin arm warmers (or coolers) it has to be spot on or you end up looking like you have Nora Batty's tights on your arms.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Just bought a set of Lusso Summer Warmers from Ribble - good quality and fit.
  • horizon
    horizon Posts: 91
    coriordan wrote:
    wiggle have a sale on for UV arm screens etc.

I have a pair of their dhb Aeron UV Arm Sleeves - very very thin material (medium weighs only 35g pair), and definitely for thin arms. Although they say for UV protection, when they arrived there was nothing on the tags to indicate any SPF, so I wouldn't trust them on their own to stop UV. They do seem to have a cooling effect. Like other dhb arm and knee warmers I have, they are definitely sized on the large side - I'm 1.8m, 86kg and medium is verging on the generous.
  • paulbnix
    paulbnix Posts: 632
    I've ordered some Lusso Summer Warmers from Ribble. Lets hope they fit.
    Cheers
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    I love the Rapha merino arm warmers, find they seem to work in most temps. Other than those I run the Gabba ones for winter/wet, they fit well but run warm
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Interesting - I have one pair of really thin Mavic arm warmers which I love, a £10 bargain from Evans a while back.

I have warmer ones, but prefer the thin ones when you just need to take the edge off, so am after a second similar pair.

Just ordered some Sportfuls, Gore 2.0 and GripGrabs (Which I have a feeling will be too thick) from Wiggle - see how they turn out.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Daniel B wrote:
    Interesting - I have one pair of really thin Mavic arm warmers which I love, a £10 bargain from Evans a while back.

I have warmer ones, but prefer the thin ones when you just need to take the edge off, so am after a second similar pair.

Just ordered some Sportfuls, Gore 2.0 and GripGrabs (Which I have a feeling will be too thick) from Wiggle - see how they turn out.

Please report back once you get them. Which Sportful ones have you ordered?
  • daniel_b
    MrB123 wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:

Please report back once you get them. Which Sportful ones have you ordered?

Will do for sure - these ones:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful-lycra-arm-warmers/?sku=5360740244

The Gore's look to be sold out now, well except for XXL in white.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    Stueys wrote:
    I love the Rapha merino arm warmers, find they seem to work in most temps. Other than those I run the Gabba ones for winter/wet, they fit well but run warm

My favourites and do work across a wide range of temps. Pink(!) ones are in the sale too
  • daniel_b
    So they all rocked up this morning.

The GripGrab's as I surmised are indeed of a thicker variety so not what the OP is after, but I liked them enough to keep them and sell on some Etxeondo's, dhb and Prendas ones I have.

The Gore and Sportful ones are imo, identical in thickness, and pretty much the same as my beloved Mavic's - maybe a bit longer, so perhaps even better.
    I liked them both so much (And I have some matching Gore knee warmers), and could not decide, so am keeping a pair of each.

If anyone wants a pair of the Gore ones in XS (Didn't try them on, as the S fitted me perfectly), I will be sending them back later this week, so they will pop up on their site again I guess, or you can message me, and I'll send it out at cost plus postage - guess it will go as a large letter, not sure what that costs - £1 maybe.

Similarly one pair of Sportfuls will be heading back, a pair in Small, so again, if anyone wants these at cost plus postage, do let me know, otherwise they will all get parcelled back to Wiggle probably on Thursday.

I am saying people can contact me directly, as Wiggle do not have stock of these at the prices I paid.

Thanks

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Gromson
    Gromson Posts: 100
    I've been waiting ruefully for my bulging biceps to develop for 48 years, but alas it seems I'm destined to have very long stick arms forever.

Which means that by the time I've found a set of arm warmers that copes with the length of my arms, the top end is more suited to a sumo wrestler. They generally end up sliding down my arms and becoming wrinkly wrist warmers.

I have a pair of thick Altura arm warmers that fit well, and our club kit is made by Kalas, which also fit well.
  • The Lusso Summer Warmers seem ok after a ride yesterday. They are not skin tight all the way as they have seams that presumably give some shape to them. However they do stay up so a success I think.
  • Nike do them too it seems...

0,,19525258_303,00.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • daniel_b
    The Gripgrabs are now down to £11.20, BUT what I found out my accident, is that they are identical in material and stitching to these offerings from Planet X:

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXHIVRAW/planet-x-hi-viz-roubaix-armwarmers

As I bought a pair for my GF last year, and went to compare them, and then realised they are identical bar the badging.

For £5, that's a mentally good deal, they are very good quality.
    Limited sizes though for the PX offerings, I would wager their S\M is a Medium in the GripGrabs.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Fenix wrote:

There was another thread recommedning these. And the ones by Torm. I bought them both, but these ones are my favourite :-)