kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
Always thought these were to expensive. but it seems they start around £25 now

I wonder if anyone has used this one ?

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-ma ... pair-stand

I did want this one from amazon - but it seems to have sold out

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Puregadgets-Bi ... 97DH19M83V

Any others - I won't be doing major stuff - just make it easier, when cleaning, chain lubing etc...

Comments

• kingrollo
    Some reviewers have said that on some stands you can't turn the pedals whilst the bike is on the stand - that would be major drawback.....can yours do this ?
  • I've got the Halfords one and I can turn the pedals
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    oxoman wrote:
    They both look like the Aldi / Lidl stands at similar price, can't fault mine does everything I want it to. Only thing I've done on mine is cut slots in the clamp pads to allow brake and gear cables to move as not internally routed.
    +1 for the Aldi one, no problem with turning the pedals when bike is on there.
  • Gromson
    Gromson Posts: 100
    My Aldi stand cost £25 two years ago. It's still standing. Like a stand should, ummmm, stand. When it hasnt got a bike on it, it doubles up as a very robust coat hook after a rainy ride.
  • I had a look at the £40 halfords one and it seemed a bit flimsy and unstable. Think I'm going to look out for something a bit more expensive and well made.....
  • kingrollo
    I've got the Halfords one and I can turn the pedals

Is ok to use with a carbon framed bike ?
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    If you can stretch to it, Ribble Cycles currently doing Park Tools PCS-9 for £70 with discount code WORK20.

I've got the PCS-10 and it is a massively solid and well put together bit of kit. I reckon you could launch surface to air missiles from it.
  • kingrollo wrote:
    I've got the Halfords one and I can turn the pedals

Is ok to use with a carbon framed bike ?
    I wouldn't be happy, the clamp isn't very good and there is too much chance of accidentally stressing the frame. I think that it is probably worth spending a bit more. My frame is aluminium so not so much of a problem.

TBH if I had a nice bike I would probably invest in one of these. They seem a much better solution, the only problem is that you have to take the front wheel out.