Gifford, East Lothian - Newbie

Bmacbri
Bmacbri Posts: 34
edited August 2016 in Road general
Hi,

I am just in the process of moving to Gifford, E. Lothian, in Scotland. I'm from 'Landan' originally so don't know anyone/know any routes up there.

Was wondering if anyone on here that might be local to that area (Haddington etc) might fancy meeting up for a ride and/or coffee sometime? Be nice to see some local routes and obviously, meet a few fellow riders. Can't seem to find a local cycle club but I know that it is a keen cycling area.

I'm not a great cyclist by any stretch of the imagination but I've ridden c2c, RL, l'etape London so done a few nice rides. Basically, just want to get out and enjoy a few rides 30-40miles on a weekend.

Anyhow, thanks for reading!
Cheers
Bri

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    It's a great area to cycle in, used to be out there at least once a week.
  • Some great clubs around there Bri! Not sure about a cycling club in Haddington, but pretty sure there is a triathlon club that could show you a few routes. If I were you I'd contact them.
  • Hello

I was there this morning for a coffee. There are some of the best riding roads in central Scotland right on your doorstep bud.

There are a few clubs, ranging from the mega fast Edinburgh road crew, to the informal local clubs at Haddington and North Berwick, (these seem to be facebook based but I don`t do fb so not sure )

I`d be more than happy to get out for a blast sometime mate. I ride either my self or with another mate of mine. Nothing mad but decent 40 / 50 km mornings
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • Bmacbri
    Bmacbri Posts: 34
    Thanks for the replies everyone, it sounds like I won't be short of some decent routes.

Craigfife, I'll certainly look for that tri club (with the strict caveat there is no running/swimming involved for me!)

Bikesn guns, thanks for the info on potential local clubs, I'll check them out online/FB. Also, if it's OK, i'll drop you a message and maybe once I've moved properly we can go and have a spin around the local roads?

thanks again all!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    ERC are a friendly club, but they tend to start their rides from the centre of Edinburgh. Not all their rides are "mega fast" either.
  • Just the first group :)..
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently