Thought I'd say hello

tomb57
tomb57 Posts: 2,043
edited August 2016 in MTB beginners
Hi all just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself, I have just taken up riding (Feb this year) have suffered from
Arthritis badly wife asked me if I was just going to sit there and rot, realised I needed to do something , advised that
Cycling was a low impact exercise so went and brought two entry level bikes from halfords one for me one for wife
Since then have been doing about 50 K a week (live 5mins away from Brampton Valley way in Northampton)
Didn't know how much I was into it until in June we had a couple of weekends in the Peak District and Derbshire riding the
High Peak and Monsul trails , also took in Derwent reservior and Carsington water, brilliant , could not get on with
The twist grip gear change so got halfords to order and change to the Shamino et41 Es fire combo brake and gear change
Unfortunately after 5 days halfords still have my bike waiting for the parts my fault shouldn't have left it with them
Never mind feel as if arms and legs chopped off had to go walking to keep up exercise any way thanks for listening
Tomb 57
Whoops who did that!

Comments

• tomb57
    Thanks Oxoman haft to admit prob 50% my fault thought I could push them if they had bike , we live and learn
    Also have found local bike shop they have changed ownership and now have better ratings locally
    Again thanks for welcome
    Tomb57
    Whoops who did that!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Halfords can be good or bad, its best to try and chat to the bikehut staff and build some rapport so you can pass it to one of the good ones. One of my local stores has a superb guy. But there are some stinkers out there (as you can get with any large chain).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • tomb57
    Thanks Rookie, yes there are a couple of good people there as anywhere you go . Important thing is I have me bike
    Back and have had two small rides already just to get use to changing, wife says it's nice to see the big smile again, as I was quite grumpy with out bike. Just got to fine tune the change guess I'd better check out Park tools and get the stand out
    Regards all
    Tomb57
    Whoops who did that!