Entry Level Road Bike.

Thomas41
Thomas41 Posts: 6
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
Hello there I am new to the forum and to cycling but am keen to start riding so hence the advice for a entry level road bike.

Main reason for wanting to start cycling are to improve my fitness and health I am 41 and could do with loosing a few pounds and I can't think of any other way I would like to do this other than cycling and being out and about.

I live In the Flintshire area and there are a couple of local bike shops near me so was going to pop down and see what size frame I would be etc. The bikes I have narrowed down are entry level bikes which I am presuming Is the correct way to begin.

I was considering the Ribble Prime or the Specialized Allez, or the Scott Speedster 60, I am looking for comfort but with the potential to pinch a little speed also. So was wondering what your thoughts were on my options.

Any help appreciated .

Tom.

Comments

• mostly
    mostly Posts: 113
    I rebooted my cycling with the allez, great frame but as said its at bit over priced to be honest, biggest draw back was the lack of carbon fork.
  • Thanks for the replies Think I will pop into LBS tomorrow and have chat .
  • mostly
    mostly Posts: 113
    I should add the wheels were beyond dreadful.
  • myideal
    myideal Posts: 231
    The LBS recommended I looked at Cannodale Synapse bikes as they are road bikes but good for plenty of miles and a good build quality.

Must say when I've been on one, I did think it was a nice bike. So much so, just ordered one. :) I'll let you know my thoughts when I get it.