Tyres for 29er

19dm82
19dm82 Posts: 70
edited August 2016 in MTB buying advice
Doing the coast to coast in a few weeks on a 29er cube mtb. Looking for some suggestions on some slicks. As cheap as possible.
Thanks.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Slicks? Just get 700c road tyres.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I'm going to try out a set of the Schwalbe Big One for my Procaliber as they should work on a bit of off road too while roll really well on road across the winter. Not the cheapest but I like the size of the profile and think they could be fun to use. Will run tubeless with Orange Sealant.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • 19dm82
    19dm82 Posts: 70
    Can I use any 700c tyre? Sorry for the dumb questions
  • If pure slicks fit the bill, those 700x35c Kojaks at PX, that have been £13 each since Sunday. Or alternatively, those Vittoria Voyager Hypers, which are available in a slightly bigger size.

For mixed surface, the Sammy Slicks they have in stock might be a decent price.

Yes, 700 tyres fit 29er wheels, just choose size according to the internal rim width of your wheels. :wink:

Edit: Forgot to mention the re-badged Vee Speedster 2.3 tyres earlier, BSc for £8 each. Only downside is that apparently small flints can puncture that odd honeycomb central bit, they get wedged in and eventually break through.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo