13 Incline Delta 27.5

dave1653uk
dave1653uk Posts: 259
edited August 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi, I've just been looking at this on the Halfords website. Can't say I've heard of 13 bikes before but it's the discounted price that's grabbing my attention. I've not been able to find many reviews on this model and was wondering if any of you lovely people could tell me if it's worth the £799 they are asking?

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/m ... -bike-2015

Thanks in advance
Dave

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    13 is another of Halfords own brands, its only a year or so old now.

That is a very well specced bike for the price, forks and a drivetrain that aren't that common on £1200 bikes to be honest. Don't believe the original price though, I doubt they've ever tried to actually sell it at that.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • dave1653uk
    Thanks for the reply. I've been out, bought it and rode it home. It seem very light for the size of it I went for the biggest frame size. 21 inch. It's a lot bigger than what I'm used to but I've got it with the intention of sticking my Hope pro2 evo's 26's on there. If it doesn't feel right I'll just swap them back and learn to live with it. Couldn't miss out on a nice bit of kit at this price. Lets see what tomorrow brings.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    dave1653uk wrote:
    Thanks for the reply. I've been out, bought it and rode it home. It seem very light for the size of it I went for the biggest frame size. 21 inch. It's a lot bigger than what I'm used to but I've got it with the intention of sticking my Hope pro2 evo's 26's on there. If it doesn't feel right I'll just swap them back and learn to live with it. Couldn't miss out on a nice bit of kit at this price. Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Keh?

Don't tell me you bought a bike thats too big because you intend to put on smaller wheels with the mindset that that'll somehow reduce the feel of the bike in terms of how big things like the reach is etc?
  • dave1653uk
    Nope, the reach is fine after a little saddle adjustment. It just seems bigger than I'm used to since I'm usually riding a smaller framed bike with 26inch wheels. I actually just like the solid feel of my Hopes. Every-time I buy a new bike the wheels are the first thing I change. I've had these hopes running on 3 bikes now. The new wheels always end up on ebay to try and get a bit of money back towards the cost of the new bike. Crazy I know. I just love The Hope And Mavic combo. First time I'm going to try this though. It may end badly or it might be the future.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Geometry will stay the same you'll just lower the BB by half an inch (for the same size tyre).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • dave1653uk
    Just had a belting first ride out. A few mid ride adjustments and I was set. After riding a weighty full suss for the last few years this lighter weight hardtail certainly added some excitement and speed.