Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Data roaming Saturday

homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 7,190
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
No respite, even on holiday... 5.45 wake up call for a pedal.

I'll be brief as there is no WIFI here, it's warm and sunny and I'm going for a ride with a squealing front brake. I've cleaned the disc with gin and roughed up the pad.

Breakfast will be an espresso in 25km or so and we have horse for lunch.

Laters...
Advocate of disc brakes.

Posts

  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,865
    Horse??

    Waved goodbye to an old welder and a pedestal drill press, picked up by their new owners today. Spent rest of the day dosing up on painkillers. Have a long road trip tomorrow and even though I'm the passenger it will still be pretty uncomfortable I suspect.

    Can't wait for October.
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Seven 622SL Kestrel RT1000 On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • slowmartslowmart Posts: 4,184
    Trip to the tip done, mooching and bike fettling for the morning with a chicken salad for lunch.

    Later is shopping for jelly babies and banana's for a century ride to Chester tomorrow. Should be quite easy as its a relatively flat 100.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

    Desmond Tutu
  • norvernrobnorvernrob Posts: 1,437
    No cycling for me this weekend. Was hit by another car yesterday on my way home from work, he decided not to bother looking right or stopping as he approached a give way sign and pulled straight out of the side road into my car. The impact was enough to set his airbags off and my car is likely written off, it's just a good job I wasn't on the bike.

    Neck and back are stiff and sore, so it looks like a trip to the docs on Monday to get checked out. We were planning on going camping as its my long weekend off work, but that's not happening now. At least I've got the Olympics to keep me entertained!

    907BE209-3036-4CF0-8B59-9D25C5B0B255_zpshzliu5e5.jpg
  • pinnopinno Posts: 45,357
    ^ Oops. Hope those b4stard insurance coys don't f*ck you around.

    Today will be mowstly trying to find stuff for toots to do that won't kill me in the process.

    I suppose Stevo is stuck on the A11 with a Mazda full of Mutley farting, a moaning Stropteen and a tutting wifey. Ha ha, that'll teach him.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,370
    Pinno wrote:
    ^ Oops. Hope those b4stard insurance coys don't f*ck you around.

    Today will be mowstly trying to find stuff for toots to do that won't kill me in the process.

    I suppose Stevo is stuck on the A11 with a Mazda full of Mutley farting, a moaning Stropteen and a tutting wifey. Ha ha, that'll teach him.

    Laters.
    Setting off in a bit so have it all to look forward to. The Mazda is my bike carrying car, doofus. So it's staying put.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 45,357
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    ^ Oops. Hope those b4stard insurance coys don't f*ck you around.

    Today will be mowstly trying to find stuff for toots to do that won't kill me in the process.

    I suppose Stevo is stuck on the A11 with a Mazda full of Mutley farting, a moaning Stropteen and a tutting wifey. Ha ha, that'll teach him.

    Laters.
    Setting off in a bit so have it all to look forward to. The Mazda is my bike carrying car, doofus. So it's staying put.

    Oh sorry, I forgot about the Suzuki Sport Wagon.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ^Looks expensive, NovernRob. Hope the claim is hassle-free.
    Bike-riding done. This censored is dangerous, must give it up. Dawdling home up to a single road width bridge. It has traffic lights on it and you can't see the waiting/oncoming stuff. So I cruise through on green, crest the bridge and some psycho cow in a 4x4 is coming at me. She sees me (I think) and puts her foot down. Luckily she slowed before it got serious, and this gave us a chance to have an exchange of views.
    She shouted "I'm on green!", so she clearly wins that argument, and ices the dangerous driving cake. My bad.
    After all this excitement I need a beer :D
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,370
    Been out and high sixed the locals. Now watching a bit of Olympics and footy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Been out and high sixed the locals. Now watching a bit of Olympics and footy.
    Hi sixin? East Anglia? That or Cornwall. Or Sussex. Or Hampshire. Possibly Dorset. You get the idea.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinnopinno Posts: 45,357
    As in the Friday thread. Decided to keep the long summer evenings by chucking some lights on the thoroughbred. Quick link failed 50 yds from home.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,370
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Been out and high sixed the locals. Now watching a bit of Olympics and footy.
    Hi sixin? East Anglia? That or Cornwall. Or Sussex. Or Hampshire. Possibly Dorset. You get the idea.
    Normal for Norfolk apparently...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 25,291 Lives Here
    Pinno wrote:
    Quick link failed 50 yds from home.
    Manc33 can advise on them, he was a big fan.
  • norvernrobnorvernrob Posts: 1,437
    ^Looks expensive, NovernRob. Hope the claim is hassle-free.
    Bike-riding done. This shoot is dangerous, must give it up. Dawdling home up to a single road width bridge. It has traffic lights on it and you can't see the waiting/oncoming stuff. So I cruise through on green, crest the bridge and some psycho cow in a 4x4 is coming at me. She sees me (I think) and puts her foot down. Luckily she slowed before it got serious, and this gave us a chance to have an exchange of views.
    She shouted "I'm on green!", so she clearly wins that argument, and ices the dangerous driving cake. My bad.
    After all this excitement I need a beer :D

    Hopefully!

    Been to A&E today as I couldn't lie on my side last night and hardly slept. I'm getting pain down my leg and pins & needles in my foot, as well as a lot of pain on the outside of my thigh. They reckon bruised/damaged sciatic nerve and other bruising, several of my vertebrae felt sore when she put pressure on them too.

    Never claimed a penny in my life but I'm going to from this. I'm a postie so won't be working this week at least, my car is almost certainly written off and I'm unable to do a lot of stuff I had planned for this weekend/week at least.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,370
    NorvernRob wrote:
    ^Looks expensive, NovernRob. Hope the claim is hassle-free.
    Bike-riding done. This shoot is dangerous, must give it up. Dawdling home up to a single road width bridge. It has traffic lights on it and you can't see the waiting/oncoming stuff. So I cruise through on green, crest the bridge and some psycho cow in a 4x4 is coming at me. She sees me (I think) and puts her foot down. Luckily she slowed before it got serious, and this gave us a chance to have an exchange of views.
    She shouted "I'm on green!", so she clearly wins that argument, and ices the dangerous driving cake. My bad.
    After all this excitement I need a beer :D

    Hopefully!

    Been to A&E today as I couldn't lie on my side last night and hardly slept. I'm getting pain down my leg and pins & needles in my foot, as well as a lot of pain on the outside of my thigh. They reckon bruised/damaged sciatic nerve and other bruising, several of my vertebrae felt sore when she put pressure on them too.

    Never claimed a penny in my life but I'm going to from this. I'm a postie so won't be working this week at least, my car is almost certainly written off and I'm unable to do a lot of stuff I had planned for this weekend/week at least.
    That sucks. The car is just a lump of metal, but if you and you life are suffering because of this, get the claim in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • norvernrobnorvernrob Posts: 1,437
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    NorvernRob wrote:
    ^Looks expensive, NovernRob. Hope the claim is hassle-free.
    Bike-riding done. This shoot is dangerous, must give it up. Dawdling home up to a single road width bridge. It has traffic lights on it and you can't see the waiting/oncoming stuff. So I cruise through on green, crest the bridge and some psycho cow in a 4x4 is coming at me. She sees me (I think) and puts her foot down. Luckily she slowed before it got serious, and this gave us a chance to have an exchange of views.
    She shouted "I'm on green!", so she clearly wins that argument, and ices the dangerous driving cake. My bad.
    After all this excitement I need a beer :D

    Hopefully!

    Been to A&E today as I couldn't lie on my side last night and hardly slept. I'm getting pain down my leg and pins & needles in my foot, as well as a lot of pain on the outside of my thigh. They reckon bruised/damaged sciatic nerve and other bruising, several of my vertebrae felt sore when she put pressure on them too.

    Never claimed a penny in my life but I'm going to from this. I'm a postie so won't be working this week at least, my car is almost certainly written off and I'm unable to do a lot of stuff I had planned for this weekend/week at least.
    That sucks. The car is just a lump of metal, but if you and you life are suffering because of this, get the claim in.

    Yeah I'm not bothered about the car as long as I get a decent amount back for it. We planned on going camping this weekend (I only get one weekend off every 6 weeks) which we weren't able to do, it's also my 40th birthday in less than two weeks and we've got stuff planned including Legoland with the kids and a weekend away in York with friends.

    The pain down the side of my thigh is the worst at the moment, it's like the pain when you use a foam roller but constant :cry:
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 49,370
    I've had sciatica before and it bloody well hurt. Hope yours is only bruising and gets better soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 45,357
    NorvernRob wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    NorvernRob wrote:
    ^Looks expensive, NovernRob. Hope the claim is hassle-free.
    Bike-riding done. This shoot is dangerous, must give it up. Dawdling home up to a single road width bridge. It has traffic lights on it and you can't see the waiting/oncoming stuff. So I cruise through on green, crest the bridge and some psycho cow in a 4x4 is coming at me. She sees me (I think) and puts her foot down. Luckily she slowed before it got serious, and this gave us a chance to have an exchange of views.
    She shouted "I'm on green!", so she clearly wins that argument, and ices the dangerous driving cake. My bad.
    After all this excitement I need a beer :D

    Hopefully!

    Been to A&E today as I couldn't lie on my side last night and hardly slept. I'm getting pain down my leg and pins & needles in my foot, as well as a lot of pain on the outside of my thigh. They reckon bruised/damaged sciatic nerve and other bruising, several of my vertebrae felt sore when she put pressure on them too.

    Never claimed a penny in my life but I'm going to from this. I'm a postie so won't be working this week at least, my car is almost certainly written off and I'm unable to do a lot of stuff I had planned for this weekend/week at least.
    That sucks. The car is just a lump of metal, but if you and you life are suffering because of this, get the claim in.

    Yeah I'm not bothered about the car as long as I get a decent amount back for it. We planned on going camping this weekend (I only get one weekend off every 6 weeks) which we weren't able to do, it's also my 40th birthday in less than two weeks and we've got stuff planned including Legoland with the kids and a weekend away in York with friends.

    The pain down the side of my thigh is the worst at the moment, it's like the pain when you use a foam roller but constant :cry:

    It's the evil leaving your body.................... 8)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • norvernrobnorvernrob Posts: 1,437
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I've had sciatica before and it bloody well hurt. Hope yours is only bruising and gets better soon.

    Thanks, hopefully it is!
    Pinno wrote:
    NorvernRob wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    NorvernRob wrote:
    ^Looks expensive, NovernRob. Hope the claim is hassle-free.
    Bike-riding done. This shoot is dangerous, must give it up. Dawdling home up to a single road width bridge. It has traffic lights on it and you can't see the waiting/oncoming stuff. So I cruise through on green, crest the bridge and some psycho cow in a 4x4 is coming at me. She sees me (I think) and puts her foot down. Luckily she slowed before it got serious, and this gave us a chance to have an exchange of views.
    She shouted "I'm on green!", so she clearly wins that argument, and ices the dangerous driving cake. My bad.
    After all this excitement I need a beer :D

    Hopefully!

    Been to A&E today as I couldn't lie on my side last night and hardly slept. I'm getting pain down my leg and pins & needles in my foot, as well as a lot of pain on the outside of my thigh. They reckon bruised/damaged sciatic nerve and other bruising, several of my vertebrae felt sore when she put pressure on them too.

    Never claimed a penny in my life but I'm going to from this. I'm a postie so won't be working this week at least, my car is almost certainly written off and I'm unable to do a lot of stuff I had planned for this weekend/week at least.
    That sucks. The car is just a lump of metal, but if you and you life are suffering because of this, get the claim in.

    Yeah I'm not bothered about the car as long as I get a decent amount back for it. We planned on going camping this weekend (I only get one weekend off every 6 weeks) which we weren't able to do, it's also my 40th birthday in less than two weeks and we've got stuff planned including Legoland with the kids and a weekend away in York with friends.

    The pain down the side of my thigh is the worst at the moment, it's like the pain when you use a foam roller but constant :cry:

    It's the evil leaving your body.................... 8)

    Quite possibly :lol:
Sign In or Register to comment.