Trek 9.8 Fuel Ex 27.5 2016

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I never agree with the nobber above but get the Transition
  • bill89
    bill89 Posts: 12
    Between the bikes I mentioned ...
    p.s. if you are referring to Transition Scout Carbon , it is in higher price bracket .
  • I took the habit out at a trade show a couple of weeks ago and really liked it, Nice to ride, climbed well, frame felt stiff and so did the fork, only thing I thought about the fork that it wasn't as compliant as my my others but that could be due to it being a demo and it's the first time I tried a lefty.
    Nice looking as well.
  • bill89
    bluemoon81 wrote:
    I took the habit out at a trade show a couple of weeks ago and really liked it, Nice to ride, climbed well, frame felt stiff and so did the fork, only thing I thought about the fork that it wasn't as compliant as my my others but that could be due to it being a demo and it's the first time I tried a lefty.
    Nice looking as well.

Yeah I like it too ; I test road it and looks great . The only thing is the dealer says the Trek is a better bike for sure ... I don't know if that is true or not . But I would have to order the Trek and haven't tried it yet .
  • rockmonkeysc
    bill89 wrote:
    Between the bikes I mentioned ...
    p.s. if you are referring to Transition Scout Carbon , it is in higher price bracket .

Neither of those you mentioned come close to a Scout. The aluminium frame is really excellent anyway and there isn't much weight saving with the carbon frame.
  • bill89

Neither of those you mentioned come close to a Scout. The aluminium frame is really excellent anyway and there isn't much weight saving with the carbon frame.

No dealer in Canada so I can't even consider it .
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    bill89 wrote:

https://transitionbikes.com/Dealers.cfm?Token={ts_2016-08-11_14:28:00}-e591713a8c56b374-228BEBB3-CD3F-2D5F-A59152064EF98384
  • rockmonkeysc
    bill89 wrote:

The only other trail bikes as good are the Santa Cruz 5010 and Banshee Spitfire. Nothing else comes close.
    The Canondale and Trek are OK bikes but don't even come close if you want to get a bit lairy without having a big enduro bike. They're definitely more at the XC end of trail bikes. Great for covering big miles, not so good when it comes to the real fun stuff.
  • The 2016 Fuel EX had its geometry revised and is more capable than you think. Not quite up to Scout or 5010 v2 levels but not that far off. You may be hard pushed to find one now. The 2017 Fuel EX is a different beast entirely and is probably on par with these two bike now.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • bill89
    POAH wrote:
    https://transitionbikes.com/Dealers.cfm?Token={ts_2016-08-11_14:28:00}-e591713a8c56b374-228BEBB3-CD3F-2D5F-A59152064EF98384

OK , I missed the CANADA link ... maybe I will try it out to see what the big deal is :)
  • bill89
    The 2016 Fuel EX had its geometry revised and is more capable than you think. Not quite up to Scout or 5010 v2 levels but not that far off. You may be hard pushed to find one now. The 2017 Fuel EX is a different beast entirely and is probably on par with these two bike now.

Yeah there is a large 2016 Fuel Ex available for me if I want it .
  • rockmonkeysc
    :idea:
    The 2016 Fuel EX had its geometry revised and is more capable than you think. Not quite up to Scout or 5010 v2 levels but not that far off. You may be hard pushed to find one now. The 2017 Fuel EX is a different beast entirely and is probably on par with these two bike now.

It's still more xc biased though. And the rear suspension is still terrible.
  • :idea:

It's still more xc biased though. And the rear suspension is still terrible.

You love a bit of full floater and ABP. Just a refined version of Giddy Up.

Seems to work a lot better on the Remedy 29er than their other trail bikes.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL