Tape

mattsccm
mattsccm Posts: 409
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
Go on, suggest some bar tape for me. Needs to be available in bright and shiny not matt like cork type tapes. ( and I am not using Benotto!) Smooth or rubbery as long as it scrubs up once in a while. Ideally on the long side as they do vary a bit.
Ideally not 30 quid plus.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Selle Italia Smootape Controllo.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Cinelli Tennis tape is very rubbery/grippy and comes in a shiny black but wouldn't call it bright.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Fizik Performance. I have this in white and it keeps its colour pretty well. The surface is a bit shiny so doesn't absorb the muck.

2543-5041-thickbox.jpg
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Fizik Classic is good stuff and pretty good price-wise - I prefer the more pricey Tacky Touch tape, but it's not glossy.
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Deda carbon tape on all my bikes (mostly in white) and cleans up easily with a sponge and a bit of soapy water. Had one set on for 5 years and was still in good nick. Has a sheen to it but is still grippy to hold. Comes in at about £7 a box.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Like Lizard Skins but a recent convert to Supacaz
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    edited August 2016
    Supacaz bar tape is great, slightly tacky to the touch so your hands don't slip, tough (had a spill and it didn't rip) and cleans up well, not cheap at around £25 for the 2 tone stuff (I have neon blue and black) but very good quality and the bar ends are the ones with the screws that make it expandable so fit is spot on.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Lizard Skins is my current favourite. Only slight negative to report is that I find it wears relatively quickly where I tend to rest my hands - where the bars bend just behind the ergos. Otherwise perfect for me.

Peter