Addidas Bibs

FeltZ85
FeltZ85 Posts: 28
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
Anyone have any experience of Addidas cycle clothing ?

Was looking at getting some of the Team GB bibs but not sure what their stuff is like

Cheers

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    They are bound to be reasonably good if they are the actual ones the pros use.

If you're 14 or 15 go for it if you want to, you can always ask for some for your birthday.
  • FeltZ85
    FeltZ85 Posts: 28
    mfin wrote:
    They are bound to be reasonably good if they are the actual ones the pros use.

If you're 14 or 15 go for it if you want to, you can always ask for some for your birthday.

Good idea! Thanks for the pointless comment..... I may be young but obviously i'm way more grown up than you.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Cool, well you're young, so go like I say, go for it!

Grown adults look daft in kit such as that, which of course also isn't a problem to them if they don't mind looking daft or don't realise they do, so it's up to them.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I was looking for some navy blue bibshorts to go with a dark blue jersey I have, and spotted those on Wiggle. No idea if they are the exact same as the team issue ones, but seemed like decent value for money and pretty understated. Only the red leg grippers put me off. In the end I got some from La Passione
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,768
    The real adidas team GB ones from 2012 were in the adidas outlet stores a few years ago at half price, £90. I did not partake.

I don't think any reasonably priced ones will be the genuine article that Geraint ripped.
  • I've coped with having Team Sky emblazoned across my Adidas bibs for years now when I got some for the stupid price of £19 when they switched to Rapha. The embarrassment only lasts a few weeks.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,768
    I've coped with having Team Sky emblazoned across my Adidas bibs for years now when I got some for the stupid price of £19 when they switched to Rapha. The embarrassment only lasts a few weeks.

But the memory clearly lasts forever.
  • I've coped with having Team Sky emblazoned across my Adidas bibs for years now when I got some for the stupid price of £19 when they switched to Rapha. The embarrassment only lasts a few weeks.

But the memory clearly lasts forever.

Still wear them and they're a constant reminder to keep an eye on Rapha for when they dump their Sky shorts for next to nothing :D
  • marpick
    marpick Posts: 49
    I have a pair, plain save for 3 stripes down the sides and the Adidas logo on the leg and they're good value and well made, I also have a couple of their jerseys, also well made and void of anything other than the Adidas logo.

Sadly, I'm unable to comment on age related designs.