Schwalbe Durano Double defence or Michelin Pro 4 endurance

jdee84
jdee84 Posts: 282
edited August 2016 in Commuting general
Conti gp 4 season front has had two punctures in the last week looks to be a cut/hole on it thinking of replacing the tyres on my hybrid for commuting with either of the above. Anyone have any experience of them or other recommendations?

thanks

Comments

• shaun668
    shaun668 Posts: 52
    I've got the Michelin pro endurance 4 on both my road bikes, they're excellent tyres wear well and grippy in the wet and dry. I've done about 1000 miles on one bike and 500 on another with no punctures. I used them on my turbo last winter and they've still got plenty of rubber on them. For the money an excellent tyre.
  • mcstumpy
    mcstumpy Posts: 298
    +1 for the michelin
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    When I was looking at tyres (Went for the GP4000S) the other option that was rating well was the Panaracer D
    However they seem to be rarer than Hens Teeth in the EU...
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • condorman
    condorman Posts: 811
    Switched from Gatorskin to Michelin Pro Endurance 4 after reading review in CTC magazine and been very impressed. I use them on my fixed for commuting to central London each day, really good in the wet.
    Condor Pista
    50x16
  • I was too close to putting in an order for a Double Defense. The Pro Four looks like a better tyre. Thanks for starting this thread. I would've ordered the Double if it weren't for this thread. According to http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/ the Pro Four Endurance has less rolling resistance than the Durano Double. In fact the Pro Four End needs less air than your average 25c! Actually the site doesn't list Double Defense, only the original Durano so I assume the Double Defense has the same rolling resistance as the original.