Suspension Linkage Bearing Kits

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited August 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi All.

Any recommendations for a complete bearing kit, I see people doing them on Ebay etc just wondering which are the better kits/ good retailers.

It's for a 2013 Giant anthem 29er.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    There's generally only a couple bearings which wear in the top linkage. Just buy the ones you need. The other bearings seem to last forever.
  • iwilldoit
    iwilldoit Posts: 710
    There's generally only a couple bearings which wear in the top linkage. Just buy the ones you need. The other bearings seem to last forever.

Cheers for the info Rockmonkey.
  • nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Mbbearings.co.uk
  • rockmonkeysc
    Nasha48 wrote:
    Mbbearings.co.uk

I wouldn't touch them. He removes the seals and overfills the bearings before refitting the same (non reusable) seal. Good way to ruin good bearings. Bearings need only a very tiny amount of grease, any more is counter productive and leads to grease tunnelling which effectively means your bearings run dry even though they're full of grease. Either that or it puts too much pressure on the seals and allows dirt or moisture ingress.
    Just get some enduro bearings.
  • nasha48
    Ok point taken. However, firstly how do you know this and secondly i know that mbbearings stock enduro bearings so i'm a bit confused here??
  • rockmonkeysc
    The nice man at mb told me that standard bearings don't have enough grease so he puts more in.
    During my time as a quarry machinery designer I did a lot of research and trials to find the best bearings and the best way to increase bearing life. By far the best life (over 50 samples) was from bearings which were not touched.
  • nasha48
    The nice man at mb told me that standard bearings don't have enough grease so he puts more in.
    During my time as a quarry machinery designer I did a lot of research and trials to find the best bearings and the best way to increase bearing life. By far the best life (over 50 samples) was from bearings which were not touched.
    Fair enough, not going to argue with this. But what about Enduro bearings then? Are you suggesting not a good idea to purchase those either from that place? Are they tampered with too?