Jerseys

philclubman
philclubman Posts: 229
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can recommend some well fitting, aero, jerseys.

I'm in the process of returning a dhb ASV Race jersey and a Sportful Gruppetto Pro Team jersey as neither fit closely and feel particularly aero. I'm 5' 7" and about 63kg so not excessively skinny. Both were ordered in a size small which is what the size guides suggested.

The best fitting jersey I have is an Exteondo made Belking Jersey - surplus to requirements for David Tanner. The next best I've found are a BTwin Aerofit 700 - Slightly baggy across the shoulders but otherwise good, a Castelli Aero Jersey - okay but doesn't feel up to the same quality, and a Stolen Goat Ibex jersey - similar to the Castelli.

Does anyone have any suggestions for quality, well fitting, jerseys. I would ideally spend £70 or less. I might just have to bite the bullet and buy some Rapha Pro Team Aero jerseys next time I get a discount code if they're good?

Thanks for any suggestions

Comments

• I have - in the past and in the days when the extra weight was on the bike rather than on me - taken jerseys to clothes alteration shops and asked them to take them in a little. Massive difference to my favourite jerseys for a fiver.
    Slightly over budget but these are very close fitting and also very well made.

https://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/men/ ... -unos7red/

One of mine is over 4 years old and still in perfect condition
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Have you considered one of these?
    http://galibier.cc/product/rapide/
  • Maybe a silly question but have you tried XSmall in these same jerseys? Most size guides are so vague that it's got to be worth a go.
  • wahla21
    wahla21 Posts: 96
    Hi all,

I'm in the process of returning a dhb ASV Race jersey and a Sportful Gruppetto Pro Team jersey as neither fit closely and feel particularly aero. I'm 5' 7" and about 63kg so not excessively skinny. Both were ordered in a size small which is what the size guides suggested.

The best fitting jersey I have is an Exteondo made Belking Jersey - surplus to requirements for David Tanner. The next best I've found are a BTwin Aerofit 700 - Slightly baggy across the shoulders but otherwise good, a Castelli Aero Jersey - okay but doesn't feel up to the same quality, and a Stolen Goat Ibex jersey - similar to the Castelli.

Does anyone have any suggestions for quality, well fitting, jerseys. I would ideally spend £70 or less. I might just have to bite the bullet and buy some Rapha Pro Team Aero jerseys next time I get a discount code if they're good?

I recently bought some stuff from Alé Bike Wear and it's an excellent fit. Quality of both jerseys and shorts are fantastic.
    Think Wiggle stock a load of their stuff....
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I'm a shade taller and heavier and find the Milltag FAC jersey very fitted.
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    The Stolen Goat Bodyfit Jerseys are a great fit and around £60 (less if you get a sale one).
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Gore Oxygen, probably over budget unless on sale.
  • tazmon
    tazmon Posts: 107
    I thought Sportful Grupetto was a relexed fit training jersey. If Sportful you need http://m.probikekit.co.uk/sports-clothi ... 49373.html

I'm still too fat to get into my medium!!

Cheers
    Rory
    Road - Scott Solace
    Mountain - Santa Cruz Tazmon (retro) and Scott Spark
  • I might just have to bite the bullet and buy some Rapha Pro Team Aero jerseys next time I get a discount code if they're good?

The Rapha jerseys are my favourite, very lightweight and extremely close fitting. I don't notice a huge difference between the Pro Team and the PT Aero so you could try and get a 2nd hand Pro Team jersey off ebay (they don't actually make them anymore).

Size wise you would probably get away with a small but may have to go medium. I am 60kg and 5'5" and wear a small.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    The Rapha jerseys are my favourite, very lightweight and extremely close fitting. I don't notice a huge difference between the Pro Team and the PT Aero so you could try and get a 2nd hand Pro Team jersey off ebay (they don't actually make them anymore).

Size wise you would probably get away with a small but may have to go medium. I am 60kg and 5'5" and wear a small.

Do they do XS, would I need XS? I am the same height as you but weigh less (51kg).
    Sorry for the thread hijack.
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    Hi all,

Gore, Phantom or Power Jerseys, I find are a pretty good race fit and can be found for very reasonable £££. I'm 38" chest and wear a M. I always order a couple of sizes to try and send the duff ones back. I've also just got a Pro Jersey from Imp Sport, which is a really nice race fit and true to their size guide.
  • Do they do XS, would I need XS?

Yeah they do an XS. Rapha go on chest size which for XS is a chest size 33" (84cm) or below. Pretty sure at your height/weight you would be an XS.
  • Thanks all for the suggestions
    I have - in the past and in the days when the extra weight was on the bike rather than on me - taken jerseys to clothes alteration shops and asked them to take them in a little.
    I did have to do this with my skinsuit as the arms were baggy and is a good shout.
    MrB123 wrote:
    Have you considered one of these?
    http://galibier.cc/product/rapide/
    The Galibier stuff looks like good value - thanks. Has anyone tried this jersey? http://galibier.cc/product/flow/

The Ale Ultra jerseys also look good.
    tazmon wrote:
    I thought Sportful Grupetto was a relexed fit training jersey. If Sportful you need http://m.probikekit.co.uk/sports-clothi ... 49373.html
    The CRC website says the one I ordered is the most aero jersey Sportful have ever made! Could be an error on the site.
    Thanks for this - I will look out for the Pro Team (non-aero)

I'm going to order a few from the above and see how they are.
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    Alex99 wrote:

Gore, Phantom or Power Jerseys, I find are a pretty good race fit and can be found for very reasonable £££. I'm 38" chest and wear a M. I always order a couple of sizes to try and send the duff ones back. I've also just got a Pro Jersey from Imp Sport, which is a really nice race fit and true to their size guide.

I thought those were the relaxed fitting models?

AIUI, It's the Xenon which is the pro fit model. This was certainly the most fitted when I tried a few gore jerseys on recently and the only one I would buy.
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    robbo2011 wrote:
    Alex99 wrote:

I thought those were the relaxed fitting models?

AIUI, It's the Xenon which is the pro fit model. This was certainly the most fitted when I tried a few gore jerseys on recently and the only one I would buy.

I woudln't describe either of them as relaxed fit, as in having any spare fabric that flaps around. They use very stretchy material, so with the right size, they are form fitting and the M is long enough in the body for my 6'2" height. I tied the Xenon too, and it is indeed a tighter fit, but overall, I didn't like it because the zip bulged in odd ways.
  • I might just have to bite the bullet and buy some Rapha Pro Team Aero jerseys next time I get a discount code if they're good?

As above - PT Aero or a normal PT. All of my short sleeve jerseys apart from our club one are now PT's. I've tried far too may, sent far too many back and always end up buying another PT. I'm the same height as you OP, a 37" chest and I'm 64kg (all on the legs ;-)) and wear a small and the fit is perfect.
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    Where are you based? I was in the Rapha Outlet, sorry, Archive store yesterday and they had Pro Team Aero jerseys in. I almost bought one but I went for some merino jerseys and PT bibs instead. IIRC correctly they were 80 quid.
  • ChippyK wrote:
    Where are you based? I was in the Rapha Outlet, sorry, Archive store yesterday and they had Pro Team Aero jerseys in. I almost bought one but I went for some merino jerseys and PT bibs instead. IIRC correctly they were 80 quid.

Thanks for that. I've just ordered Pro Team Aero Jerseys in the online sale - I'm in London.
  • zoomer42
    zoomer42 Posts: 124
    You'll need to put in a bit more cash, but Black Sheep do a super nice aero jersey http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Black- ... ersey/DSNL
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    I know they're not specifically aero but some of the http://www.lapassione.cc/ jerseys are tight fitting.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • zoomer42
    zoomer42 Posts: 124
    I know they're not specifically aero but some of the http://www.lapassione.cc/ jerseys are tight fitting.

Lovely kit that!
  • ChippyK wrote:

Thanks for that. I've just ordered Pro Team Aero Jerseys in the online sale - I'm in London.

For anyone who's looking to buy one, the Pro Team Aero Jerseys are now £60 in the Rapha sale online.
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    zoomer42 wrote:

Lovely kit that!

I've just bought one of the "Raw" collection jerseys- very similar to Rapha Pro Team in terms of fit. Very tight torso with long sleeve length, almost down the elbows. Wore it several times over the past week or so and have been very impressed with it.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    People seem to love VOID and they have a sale on, no idea on fit.

https://voidcycling.com