Another Tech Question

Frank Wilson
Frank Wilson Posts: 930
edited August 2016 in The cake stop
Anybody on here managed to get a Samsung Tab S2 to play through tv (by wire not subscribing to Chromecast)

We have downloaded a few series on to tab to watch in Portugal (we don't have internet there hence the by wire)) when we go but having bought (and returned) the hdmi to mini usb adapter it just wouldn't work.

Comments

• Andy9964 wrote:

That works for the original tab but not the S2 Andy, I am assuming Samsung have somehow encrypted the S2 with the intention of marketing something of their own (probably at a great price) to enable this feature.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    why do you not want a chromecast? seems like it would do what you want but no wires, you can usually pick them up for about £25.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Anybody on here managed to get a Samsung Tab S2 to play through tv (by wire not subscribing to Chromecast)

We have downloaded a few series on to tab to watch in Portugal (we don't have internet there hence the by wire)) when we go but having bought (and returned) the hdmi to mini usb adapter it just wouldn't work.
    Seems support for MHL is inconsistent across the S2 range - what exact model do you have? Model number?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Daz555 wrote:

Seems support for MHL is inconsistent across the S2 range - what exact model do you have? Model number?

Hi Daz, it is a Tab S2 and on the sticker on the rear it says SM-T813, is that the info you are looking for or do you need something from inside the Tablet, if you do you will need to tell me where to look for it, Tech is not my strong suit.
  • Chris Bass wrote:
    why do you not want a chromecast? seems like it would do what you want but no wires, you can usually pick them up for about £25.

Stick with me Chris as modern tech has left me behind a bit but from what I have read about Chromecast you need wifi (therefore internet) to make it work. As I have said in original post this is mainly to use at our holiday home where we do not have internet as it is not worth paying a monthly fee for the amount of time we are there.

I will be fine as I will be out on my bike in the sunshine most of the days but I have to think of the other half and obviously if we go during the colder months!!
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    I don't think you need internet to set up a wireless home network. A quick Google returned this http://www.overclock.net/t/1269971/wire ... et-service

It does involve buying a router or perhaps unplugging one from home! Disclaimer, I've never tried this.