Alright stop collaborate and listen... Cos it's Saturday!

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 8,026
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
What time is this??? It really shouldn't be this early but it is, off on our regular "you'd better not be back late" Saturday ride.

Got a wedding today and a birthday bash tomorrow. Then packing the truck for holls.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    I love morning rides ..... Just got back from mine ..... Short and sweet but lovely morning for it, just as the sun breaks the horizon, no clouds ... Loved it
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Setting off shortly for a ride in the sun and light winds. Later is chilling and cooking.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    No real riding from me, as I've got to let the builders in soon and then entertain my mate till lunch when the family get back

Then off to the football where the kids are on the pitch carrying flags or something. Then into town for ale :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Sod this early morning activity, Saturday mornings = lie in. I might get up sometime soon. The Shopping Squad is shopping again (why can't they do it in the week? They're both off) so I'll take the hound out and meet up with a mate .
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Attempting Cairnsmore of Fleet with the toots today.

I'll update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    On the shady side of the roof (out of the sun as opposed to I stole it!) cutting some 150 year old fragile thick terra cotta curved Roman roof tiles, cutting on an angle 'cos nuffin's square innit, crack, oops, pass another tile, how many have we got left now? :D

Sat listening to Rumours, Fleetwood Mac, on Spotify, takes you back, bye gone era, hard to imagine anyone still using Spotify :D

Tea break over, back on me 'ead.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • homers_double
    I may have committed high treason, nipped down to the LBS which is about 3/4 of a mile away on my bike.

WITHOUT A HELMET!!!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    I may have committed high treason, nipped down to the LBS which is about 3/4 of a mile away on my bike.

WITHOUT A HELMET!!!
    Only an offence if a roadie saw you...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Update: I'm fooked.

That walking uphill malarkey is overrated.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Bit like riding bikes then :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

No. Try going up a hill sometime*.

*Make sure you visit your GP first before commencing an exercise regime.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Why else do you think he's having a holiday in Norfolk?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Says the man who lives there... :)
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Light bulb.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Sshhhh Stevo. Whisper it quietly but I don't quite get the obsession with hills for some road cyclists. I've taken the bike to places like the peak district for a weeks hols and enjoyed it but I prefer the gradients to be kept sensible, anything over 10% where you end up slowly grinding just seems daft to me, and when I have returned home it's nice to be able just to ride for a few hours covering a decent distance at a level pace rather than the up-down and shorter distance rides to be found in the hillier parts of the world. Guess I've been conditioned in my cycling by living here for so long.
  • pinno
    ...to be able just to ride for a few hours covering a decent distance at a level pace...

You'll have scared him off with that one.
  • Stevo_666
    Sshhhh Stevo. Whisper it quietly but I don't quite get the obsession with hills for some road cyclists. I've taken the bike to places like the peak district for a weeks hols and enjoyed it but I prefer the gradients to be kept sensible, anything over 10% where you end up slowly grinding just seems daft to me, and when I have returned home it's nice to be able just to ride for a few hours covering a decent distance at a level pace rather than the up-down and shorter distance rides to be found in the hillier parts of the world. Guess I've been conditioned in my cycling by living here for so long.
    So much sense here...
  • homers_double
    Drinking beer, photo booth, two pirates, posh dresses.

Sums up tonight I think.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    'photo booth' ? Is that for kinky goings on at your pirates and queens swingers party?