13 bikes gamma?

jpower
jpower Posts: 554
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
Was wondering if anyone has a 13 bikes gamma sold by halfords. Am considering replacing my Spec Roubaix Sport 2014.

My supposed reasoning is that it's a lighter more aero and better groupset, oh did I mention I like the way it looks.

Wondering if it's a worthwhile change, ideally speaking looking for a faster more aggressive bike.

Love to hear any experience if anyone has purchased one or has any knowledge on the bike.

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    jpower wrote:
    Was wondering if anyone has a 13 bikes gamma sold by halfords. Am considering replacing my Spec Roubaix Sport 2014.

My supposed reasoning is that it's a lighter more aero and better groupset, oh did I mention I like the way it looks.

Wondering if it's a worthwhile change, ideally speaking looking for a faster more aggressive bike.

Love to hear any experience if anyone has purchased one or has any knowledge on the bike.

BR review is positive apart from the tall gearing (53/39 with 11-25 cassette). If you are happy with that type of set-up then it's worth a gamble with the price reduced to just over £1K

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... -15-49000/
  • jpower
    arlowood wrote:
    jpower wrote:

BR review is positive apart from the tall gearing (53/39 with 11-25 cassette). If you are happy with that type of set-up then it's worth a gamble with the price reduced to just over £1K

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... -15-49000/

Seen alot of people say to swap out the 11-25 for an 11-28 to help.

The reason for the deep thought is the wife won't let me buy unless i sell the spec, hence why the procrastination.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    It's certainly more aggressive than a Roubaix, but then again, most things are. Gearing aside, my main reservation as a DIY spanner monkey would be the positioning of the brake calipers though. If you can live with that it's quite a good buy at that price
  • jpower
    Halfords guy tells me the price has been knocked down because they are done and no more 13 bikes, not sure of the truth in that, but makes me think twice. Starting to ponder and just stick to what I have. Maybe.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    Why does it matter if the brand is no more?

Just makes it rarer... Or pretend it's some amazing brand people haven't heard of.
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,205
    Looks an excellent bike from the review. The only thing against it is that the Boardman SLR is only £400 more in the same sale. You'll kick yourself for not spending the difference.
  • jpower
    So there hardly any in stock in my size, I'd have to go damn far to try and get one. I think the uncertainty has put me off, so looks like the Roubaix is here to stay a while longer.