Bike Fit at Precision Bicycle Works

alistaird
alistaird Posts: 290
edited August 2016 in Road general
All,

Had a great bike fit at Precision Bicycle Works http://www.precisionbicycleworks.com/. Now I'd had a fit about 5 years ago with a Retul so had an idea what to expect. I'd made some changes to the components on the bike etc. and was getting some hamstring and lower back pain so decided another fit was in order. The shop I had the original fit done at were no longer doing Retul and didn't want to re-fit me (which was a bit strange...)

So went to see Dave C on a Saturday afternoon and 5 hours later we were done. My original fit was about 2 hours so the thoroughness of the fit was very different... Dave is a Cyclefit trained fitter and also a trained mechanic. All in all, great value and walked out with a much better fitting bicycle.

I've since done about 120 miles pain free (and quicker probably due to the more comfortable position which is also slightly more aero.) So I'm very pleased.

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone is interested.
Alistair

Best Weather Bike - Time ZXRS
Summer Road Bike - Pinarello FPX Dogma
Winter Road Bike- Colnago E1
Being Dismantled - Sintesi Blade
Mountain Bike - Sold them all....

Comments

• timmyotool
    timmyotool Posts: 172
    Sounds good! Glad it's working for you so quickly, I had one a few years ago and it took a while to adjust to.

Took a look at the website and I can't find any information on where this place is located...unless I'm missing something obvious.

Where was your fit?
  • alistaird
    alistaird Posts: 290
    timmyotool wrote:
    Sounds good! Glad it's working for you so quickly, I had one a few years ago and it took a while to adjust to.

Took a look at the website and I can't find any information on where this place is located...unless I'm missing something obvious.

Where was your fit?

Hi

If you look at his sister business The Bike Repairman http://www.thebikerepairman.com/ it shows Benson in Oxfordshire.
    Alistair

Best Weather Bike - Time ZXRS
    Summer Road Bike - Pinarello FPX Dogma
    Winter Road Bike- Colnago E1
    Being Dismantled - Sintesi Blade
    Mountain Bike - Sold them all....