Shimano Ultegra 6800 front mech adjustment

mr.b-campag
mr.b-campag Posts: 411
edited August 2016 in Workshop
Bought an 11spd Ultegra equipped road bike a last year and only really started using it recently. Do I need a special tool to adjust this mech? I like to do my own maintenance but have always used campag up until now and haven't go the faintest idea how to adjust this. The mech came properly set up but I asked the shop to reverse the braking and it seems they forgot to check the front mech after that. I could go back to them but it would be a bit of a faff and I'd prefer to o it myself if possible, but probably not if it means I need to buy some obscure Shimano tool. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks for reading.

B

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Bought an 11spd Ultegra equipped road bike a last year and only really started using it recently. Do I need a special tool to adjust this mech? I like to do my own maintenance but have always used campag up until now and haven't go the faintest idea how to adjust this. The mech came properly set up but I asked the shop to reverse the braking and it seems they forgot to check the front mech after that. I could go back to them but it would be a bit of a faff and I'd prefer to o it myself if possible, but probably not if it means I need to buy some obscure Shimano tool. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks for reading.

B

Check out this video - gives you a step-by-step process to get the mech set up correctly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlbenKUx9JM
  • The video is great... the main thing i found is that you really do need an inline adjuster, its very difficult to get it right without one.
  • Thanks both. Will look into it (and buying another tool I guess). (Update) The video seems to have done the trick sans tool. Nice to be able to use the big ring finally!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Davey37mtb wrote:
    The video is great... the main thing i found is that you really do need an inline adjuster, its very difficult to get it right without one.

Not really, it's perfectly possible and reasonable straightforward to get one right without an inline adjuster.