Olympic mens road race - which BBC channel?

mcstumpy
mcstumpy Posts: 298
edited August 2016 in Pro race
Re the men's road race on Saturday

I'll be travelling back from holiday but can remote set my virgin DVR to record the race. However, at least yet, I can't find anything on the various BBC guides that tell me which channel will be showing the race live. Does anyone have access to more detailed info or is it a case of waiting to see on the day? Looks like various possibilities on main channels and red button channels

Thanks

Comments

• They said during the Ride London coverage both races would be available in full to view on the red button.

As that could be many channels it looks like a case of waiting to see on the day. I'm sure if there is a chance of a medal they will be moved to one of the HD channels for the finish
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Are you suggesting the BBC will actually show coverage of the finish of a bike race? :shock:

They will probably cut away to show some weight lifting instead.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    BBC Olympic HD7 so my Sky Guide says
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,266
    Virgin channel 567 in HD, 577 in SD.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    smithy21 wrote:
    Are you suggesting the BBC will actually show coverage of the finish of a bike race? :shock:

They will probably cut away to show some weight lifting instead.

Not sure there are any weightlifters left to compete.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Looks like they are creating some olympics channels for the event
  • mcstumpy
    mcstumpy Posts: 298
    Thanks
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    Is it going to be Hugh Porter?
  • Tom Dean wrote:
    Is it going to be Hugh Porter?

Twill be Simon Brotherton
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    The full races should be available on iPlayer afterwards too.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    There's a decent App available 'Team GB', that shows all the events and times for any specific day. Saves looking through a planner or full schedule.
  • The finale, and a big portion of it, will be on BBC One, and they will skip all the boring bits which even the most ardent of fans wouldn't want to watch.

The bonus of this is you get to see some other sports, which is what the Olympics is all about innit?
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    On my Freesat Humax box the men's RR is on channel 271 starting at 13:20 to 18:30

Hope that's right as I've got to pick up my dossard for a sportive tomorrow in France this afternoon and I've set up to record it.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    BT Youview channel 608, labelled BBC RB1 24/7, 1320 - 1830.
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Dabber wrote:
    On my Freesat Humax box the men's RR is on channel 271 starting at 13:20 to 18:30

Hope that's right as I've got to pick up my dossard for a sportive tomorrow in France this afternoon and I've set up to record it.

On Freesat the HD channels are 261-267 for me with 271-277 being the SD ones. Not the end of the world.
  • Grantmk
    Grantmk Posts: 39
    So the race has just started? The BBC are reporting they will be 6hrs in the saddle and are predicted to finish around 16:00UK time - how does that work? :?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,266
    Virgin channel 567 in HD, 577 in SD.

Erm, sorry, they moved it to 561. Don't worry, nothing much happened.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Full race is available to catch up on BBC iPlayer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... p=p04242dg