DIY ispec B mount

ChILd_ReBoRn
ChILd_ReBoRn Posts: 92
edited August 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Sooo... I got a bargain set of m780 ispec B shifters. They came out to be ispec A, but a quick dremmel grind, and i made them Ispec B. Only problem is.. I didn't get the mounts that go on my brake clamp. Shimano part Y6UV98090

They are ridiculously expensive to buy, and I was looking at any possible DIY solutions. I found one on youtube, but it only works with XT brakes. I'm not very happy about drilling my SLX clamp (to use the bolt from the DIY video....), but.. therer seem to be no other options. Either give shimano a shitload of money for 4 measly bolts... or drill my clamps, and therefore make them prone to breakage.

Any idea?

Any old bits and bolts for sale?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Not really a bargain then...
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    get the bolts,
    you'll pay, one way or another...
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • they were 50$ both, hardly used..even with 20$ extra for bolts..still an ok price
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Well I Spec B are about £50 a pair with bolts here, so ?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • so I'm not there. everything ordered exceedes the 70$ Mark because of the shipping. Boxed set is around 80 pounds here, 75€ ordered new from Germany + shipping, or 50-60€ used if find them + shipping.

I found the nuts for 6€ per set, but the shipping is 7-20€ , depending how many People join the mass order