Reid Roadster & Bobbin Noodle

ponch10
ponch10 Posts: 22
edited August 2016 in Commuting general
Has anyone had any experience with these bikes? Are they decent quality?
Reid seems to be very good value for money, but maybe I am missing something...

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Links to specs?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    They are very pretty and stylish if that is your thing - but you can definitely get better bikes for the price of the Noodle (+£400 on quick inspection). They are heavy, don't have great specs, and have annoying (to me at least) idiosyncrasies.

The Reid - with guards and chain guard at 300 is better than the Bobbin - but doesn't have the style points of the Bobbin.

You can probably get a Voodoo Marasa from Halfords for £100 less with specs I would prefer (lighter, discs, quick releases etc.) And they are acknowledged workhorses that ride through anything for ever

You can get BTwin bikes from Decathlon which have won awards (best budget something or other) for less than either, or a Triban 3 for 150 quid (!!!), or one of the really quirky B'original Hybrids.

Or you could get to a real bike shop and buy a nice second hand old steel framed bike - like the Reid and Bobbin are trying to be.
  • ponch10
    ponch10 Posts: 22
    imatfaal wrote:
    They are very pretty and stylish if that is your thing - but you can definitely get better bikes for the price of the Noodle (+£400 on quick inspection). They are heavy, don't have great specs, and have annoying (to me at least) idiosyncrasies.

The Reid - with guards and chain guard at 300 is better than the Bobbin - but doesn't have the style points of the Bobbin.

You can probably get a Voodoo Marasa from Halfords for £100 less with specs I would prefer (lighter, discs, quick releases etc.) And they are acknowledged workhorses that ride through anything for ever

You can get BTwin bikes from Decathlon which have won awards (best budget something or other) for less than either, or a Triban 3 for 150 quid (!!!), or one of the really quirky B'original Hybrids.

Or you could get to a real bike shop and buy a nice second hand old steel framed bike - like the Reid and Bobbin are trying to be.

Thanks! on your last point: can you suggest some bike shop in london where to get a proper second hand steel bike?