Salden (online shop Netherlands)

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited August 2016 in Road buying advice
Has anyone purchased anything from this online shop in Netherlands?
Any problems?
Will I have to pay any duties?
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Mr Goo wrote:

Not yet, but thanks to your enlighted vote, you might have to soon... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,875
    Mr Goo wrote:

:lol:
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mr_goo
    Mr Goo wrote:

Very drull.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

Very drull.

Droll.
  • mr_goo
    MrB123 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

Very drull.

Droll.

Thank you.
  • awiseman
    awiseman Posts: 35
    A friend has used them without any problems.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Mantel (another Dutch shop) seem to be quite good too. They were the cheapest by 40 Euros on the 3T Aeronova bar I bought recently.
    And no, no duty, but then I'm in France, not UK, (but you have at least 2 years to make your duty free purchase!)
  • daniel_b
    Mantel (another Dutch shop) seem to be quite good too. They were the cheapest by 40 Euros on the 3T Aeronova bar I bought recently.
    And no, no duty, but then I'm in France, not UK, (but you have at least 2 years to make your duty free purchase!)

Hi Berni - how do you find the Aeronova?

I have an Ergonova which I love, but am tempted by this one - I thought I saw someone post that the Aeronova had a much longer reach, but the pictures look very similar to me....

How do you find comfort etc, can you use the tops at all for climbing?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • bernithebiker
    Daniel B wrote:

Hi Berni - how do you find the Aeronova?

I have an Ergonova which I love, but am tempted by this one - I thought I saw someone post that the Aeronova had a much longer reach, but the pictures look very similar to me....

How do you find comfort etc, can you use the tops at all for climbing?

Read all about it here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0VZQoWNnAQ

!!

But I really like it, and yes the tops are fine for climbing. Reach is a bit longer, but I didn't find it an issue.
  • daniel_b
    Thanks for that, nice video, good to see it for real.

Having researched the reach now, I see it's an extra 27mm, which is a fair chunk more sadly, and probably more than I can accommodate.

Ergonova's it is then.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • bernithebiker
    Daniel B wrote:

Having researched the reach now, I see it's an extra 27mm, which is a fair chunk more sadly, and probably more than I can accommodate.

Ergonova's it is then.

Don't forget that the the flats position doesn't change of course, and that you can absorb that 27mm easily in the drops. If you go for the full hood hold, then yes a touch more stretched but I now can also do a 'half-hood' hold which is comfy, and my hands are about 20, 30mm further back.

Or just get a 10 to 20mm shorter stem, they're cheap as chips these days.
  • daniel_b
    Daniel B wrote:

Ergonova's it is then.

Don't forget that the the flats position doesn't change of course, and that you can absorb that 27mm easily in the drops. If you go for the full hood hold, then yes a touch more stretched but I now can also do a 'half-hood' hold which is comfy, and my hands are about 20, 30mm further back.

Or just get a 10 to 20mm shorter stem, they're cheap as chips these days.

True enough, but in recent rides I have been spending maybe only 10% of my time, if that, on the tops - and probably the hoods are slightly favoured over the drops.
    Addiitionally I need new bars for my Synapse, and it would be nuts to put aero bars on one of those, which would mean fitting them to my Scott, and shifint bars about, and I can't face the hassle of doubling my handlbar work!
    And finally I have a short torso, so already run a 90mm stem.
    Sad but true. - Lovely looking bars though, and the stealth model, which is my preference, could be had from PBK for less than £150 (With 10% code and through TCB) which I thought was pretty good.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Has anyone purchased anything from this online shop in Netherlands?
    Any problems?

so you vote OUT and cant be arsed to support UK based retailers?
    i d order now, as the gloomy PMI reports, might mean the £ falls further.

Being a good european, i have used these guys before and found them trouble free.